Early & Less Common Law Enforcement Firearms...

soundmotor

super modified
I always enjoy finding off the beaten path firearms. Some of the early LE ones are quite interesting -

Burgess folding shotgun -

Pointblankhits_19f069_5588508.jpg

landscape-1442518952-from-original-burgess-ad.jpeg

l0O9xPWfaccWTBas8.gif

Winchester 1907 (.351 Win) w/ extended mag -

51e8856086f40a2f5db2f6419d87d954.jpg

Remington 8 w/ extended mag -

tumblr_ocqa3uemmo1tevf1do3_500h.jpg

Remington 10R riot gun (note top handguard) -

remington-model-10-1-682x383.1480532305.jpg

Colt Monitor (BAR) -

2d818896be5a3979d06b820cbb397feb.jpg

Last edited:
Back when I had my FFL (80s and 90s), Winchester had three different short barrel versions of their 12 ga. The Defender was the standard black/blue version - popular with some LE agencies instead of the Remington 870. They made a version of it in matte stainless steel called the Stainless Police. Then, for those of us who like the bling, they built a Stainless Marine - a nickel plated stainless version. They had issues with the plating failing, and the gun was discontinued after some years of mfg. Not too many of them around come up for sale. I'll keep mine.

Stainless%20Marine.jpg

Ian learned to draw that Burgess without any problem.

"My name is Ian, and I've come to get work."

Regarding the old Winchester Defender, wasn't that the one that could be pump fired ? I don't think you could do that with a Remington.

Last edited:
Ian learned to draw that Burgess without any problem.

Regarding the old Winchester Defender, wasn't that the one that could be pump fired ? I don't think you could do that with a Remington.

My Stevens 520 pump fires. The Winchester 1897 did too. Both BTW are John Moses Browning designs.

Ian uttered a spit take line that still cracks me up. He was showing off Thompson SMG birdshot ammo made for riot control. He's holding a Thompson and says -

"Disperse in the name of United Fruit!" That is some real inside baseball humor on the labor riots of the 30s.

Ian is a cool head. An intellectual's gun nut.

Indeed. My wife is anything but into guns. However, she's commented that he is interesting when I've watched episodes while she's around. That's something.

I've always favored wood & steel better which is something he showcases. There is usually an interesting detail he brings out and discusses which is most enjoyable.

His friend's channel In Range is good too. Not as polished but still interesting and they tackle a lot of "what if' scenarios regarding firearms.

His friend's channel In Range is good too. Not as polished but still interesting and they tackle a lot of "what if' scenarios regarding firearms.

Yes, In Range is good. I also like C&Rsenal, another gun history site, this concerned with the weapons of the Great War. The guy is really good, he goes into great depth but is always interesting. But depth, meaning he did an hour and 20 minutes on the Lewis Gun and about 3 hours on various Lee Metfords, long Lee Enfields and all the SMLE patterns.

Yes, In Range is good. I also like C&Rsenal, another gun history site, this concerned with the weapons of the Great War. The guy is really good, he goes into great depth but is always interesting. But depth, meaning he did an hour and 20 minutes on the Lewis Gun and about 3 hours on various Lee Metfords, long Lee Enfields and all the SMLE patterns.

I like Mark Novak's work on C&Rsenal. He did a stock repair on a German commission rifle that was amazing. I love the craft.

Did anyone see what I did there? I paraphrased a infamous movie quote, from White Line Fever.

"My name is Carol Joe Hummer, and I've come to get work".

Meh...we can let that one slide back into obscurity.

Back
Top Bottom