What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_Hell_zpskyp5detu.jpg

Kevin, you've been out on the road for most of the last 6 weeks I think. Enjoy your downtime and thanks for keeping the product flowing.

Thanks, Frank. Yes, it has been a long time. I have tomorrow and Saturday off, then I'm back at it. This thread keeps me sane during the imprisonment.

It certainly works well going from an iPhone speaker to a pair of electrostats. I haven't forgotten your advice about the FM tuner. I just haven't had a chance to buy one yet.

There's so much I could recommend that crosses the divide between classical and popular. It's a good idea to get it into your head at the outset that the classical guys were the rock stars of their day. Too often, classical music is painted as boring, old-man music. The truth is far different. Since no-one else has (so far) chimed in, I'll add another recommendation: Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition". And then if you want to cross the divide and haven't already got it, get Emerson Lake and Palmer's version. Then you'll see how our beloved rock is firmly embedded in a classical past.

Somehow I missed Speedy's original query, but I get the gist from Kev's reply.
I'd recommend J.S. Bach's complete" Brandenburg Concerto's" for a rockers classical primer, or perhaps Mussorgsky's "Night On Bald Mountain".

Somehow I missed Speedy's original query, but I get the gist from Kev's reply.
I'd recommend J.S. Bach's complete" Brandenburg Concerto's" for a rockers classical primer, or perhaps Mussorgsky's "Night On Bald Mountain".

@NeedForSpeed is looking for "must have" classical pieces. I'd say you just hit the nail on the head with those pieces. I'm going to add my "up next": Beethoven's 6th Symphony, the Pastoral. It's one of my favourites, although it falls well short of the 9th, that I recommended earlier (but then, what doesn't?)

Back
Top Bottom