What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The only time I ever bought an album based on the artwork, I ended up with Boston's Third Stage. Somehow, I'd managed to miss their earlier work entirely, so Third Stage was a real blast.

I did that once, with Karma Sown from Iris Divine. One of the band members was talking about it on Mike Portnoy's forum. I saw the cover and decided that I had to have it. Was not disappointed.

index.php
Nice shot Kev.DK is talented on so many levels...and the camera loves her.

@NeedForSpeed is looking for "must have" classical pieces. I'd say you just hit the nail on the head with those pieces. I'm going to add my "up next": Beethoven's 6th Symphony, the Pastoral. It's one of my favourites, although it falls well short of the 9th, that I recommended earlier (but then, what doesn't?)

Thanks guys. This will get me started.

Thanks, Frank. Yes, it has been a long time. I have tomorrow and Saturday off, then I'm back at it. This thread keeps me sane during the imprisonment.

It certainly works well going from an iPhone speaker to a pair of electrostats. I haven't forgotten your advice about the FM tuner. I just haven't had a chance to buy one yet.
That FM Tuner will make you one happy brother trucker.

@NeedForSpeed is looking for "must have" classical pieces. I'd say you just hit the nail on the head with those pieces. I'm going to add my "up next": Beethoven's 6th Symphony, the Pastoral. It's one of my favourites, although it falls well short of the 9th, that I recommended earlier (but then, what doesn't?)
Well, really, anything with Beethoven's name on it, right? The 9th of course stands head and shoulders above all, but in all honesty, Beethoven flushing the toilet would be art.
(trying to envision a classical primer with Metallica's Phantom Lord playing is to say the least, difficult)

Hey Friends, Blitz is on the run! This guy was asking $90.00+3 shipping, I offered $45.00+3 shipping and he accepted :) @darkblue94 , help me brother I'm out of control ;) These MFSL CD's are like the first song on this album, you just can't get enough!
View attachment 913816
Any sales on these cd's on Record store day. I need to get a couple and try them. Maybe a classical title There's a Doobie Brothers I've has my eye on also.

Back
Top Bottom