What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

This is an incredible recording. 1982 on London ffrr (full frequency range recording). Vladimir Ashkenazy conducts the Philharmonia Orchestra. The recording sounds as full and vibrant as any CD knows how to be and surface noise is all but non-existent. This is vinyl as it should be heard.

View attachment 913797
Going to find this. Thanks. My store (Amoeba Records) Has a huge classical dept.

What are you using for a DAC. Just curious.
Putting my audio ignorance on full display again.
I honestly don't know what a DAC is. I see it thrown about here from time to time. Has something to do with digital to analog conversion I assume.
My Sherwood RX-4508 receiver has a built in Bluetooth connection. I pair it to the PC's Bluetooth output and it's all bliss from there.
This receiver is painfully basic, but it does do the Bluetooth thing, and it does do the phono input thing. So I'm very happy with it. Had it a year now.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sherwood-rx-4508-bluetooth-receiver.649819/

Y

Yes, I use a modded Maverick tube DAC. However, I really prefer having the disc in my hand. I've spent a small fortune on source players. I want to see them working. I do stream stuff time to time. Old fashioned I guess.
Me too, however hint hint. If you're using your CD player as transport going through the above-mentioned DAC, then the sound quality from the high-resolution FLAC'S should be very close if not exactly the same SQ as playing the actual CD. PM me if interested.

Hey Blitz , how does this Youtube version sound compared to your Mfsl cd of the same album ?
I would have to give it a try and let you know so I will bookmark this page and give it a test comparison this weekend. If they did it with lossless recording, meaning FLAC'S, then going through my super high-end digital audio playback system it should sound pretty much the same.

Putting my audio ignorance on full display again.
I honestly don't know what a DAC is. I see it thrown about here from time to time. Has something to do with digital to analog conversion I assume.
My Sherwood RX-4508 receiver has a built in Bluetooth connection. I pair it to the PC's Bluetooth output and it's all bliss from there.
This receiver is painfully basic, but it does do the Bluetooth thing, and it does do the phono input thing. So I'm very happy with it. Had it a year now.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sherwood-rx-4508-bluetooth-receiver.649819/

No, It's cool Del. In basic terms, Yes, Converts digital to analog. Some digital recordings (Not all), Can have that harsh, Overdriven sound. Fatiguing. So you get a box, Plug in your optical cable in, Your favorite rca's out, Bam, The crappy signal just got converted to something smoother.

Most good CD players have a good built in dac. The outboard Dac would be for anything, Including PC audio. Dac's with tubes can " Mellow" out a lot of harshness.

There's so much more, But you get my drift.

You should. Sometimes I do a hair metal night, Brings back a lot of mostly good memories. Might hit that tomorrow night. Back For The Attack, Rocks. No matter the era.
I don't have a lot of "Hair Metal", but I'm betting I could conjure up a whole evenings worth. Hair Metal to me just on the proper side of glam metal. So in your opinion on which side does Poison fall.
(No, I have no Poison in my collection unless my wife bought it)

Moved backwards in Metallica's catalog to the "No Life 'Til Leather" demo tape. Sounds like garbage but it has Dave Mustaine playing lead guitar, so I dig it.
(not my pic...something I found on the net)
maxresdefault.jpg

(

Moved backwards in Metallica's catalog to the "No Life 'Til Leather" demo tape. Sounds like garbage but it has Dave Mustaine playing lead guitar, so I dig it.
(not my pic...something I found on the net)
maxresdefault.jpg

(
You have quite the collection, I must say. I've seen your morning coffee stuff, Now this relic. Nice Walkman. Never thought I'd say that again. Keep it coming brother!

Back
Top Bottom