What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Desert Island Disks is a long-running BBC transmission, in which a notable person is asked which 8 recordings they would take with them if they were to be landed on a desert island with no hope of rescue. It was originally presented by Roy Plomley in 1942. Later presenters were Michael Parkinson, Sue Lawley and Kirsty Young.

More details here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnmr
Thanks for answering for me. It is an intriguing question-which recordings would you take with you if placed on a deserted island?

Heart - Dreamboat Annie
index.php

Thanks for answering for me. It is an intriguing question-which recordings would you take with you if placed on a deserted island?

Good question. It becomes especially difficult when asked which of the 8 recordings you would choose if you could only have one. I'll attempt an answer, just for the hell of it.

1 (and the one I'd keep over all others) Beethoven's 9th Symphony
2 Rush - 2112
3 Verdi - Requiem
4 Strauss - Blue Danube
5 Pink Floyd - Division Bell
6 Mike Oldfield - Songs Of Distant Earth
7 Emerson Lake and Palmer - Karn Evil 9
8 Yes - Awaken

Of course, tomorrow, my selections would probably be quite different, but that's today's snapshot.

Original Atco 90s issue, what a KILLER record

Dream Theater - Images and Words

B4M1q80.jpg
You might not remember, NW, but some years ago you turned me onto Dream Theater. Just a little cassette with a side of covers on it. I don't recall the title, but I remember a blue oyster cult song, probably beat the reaper, was on it. Now I've got tapes and cd's galore by them and they've become one of my favs. Belated thanks.

Today my 8 desert island recordings would be:

LONDON CALLING--The Clash
SOMETHING ELSE--The Kinks
REVOLVER--The Beatles
PET SOUNDS--The Beach Boys
ODESSEY & ORACLE--The Zombies
MODERN COOL--Patricia Barber
FREAK-OUT--Mothers of Invention
MGM ALBUM--The Velvet Underground

These 8 recordings alone would make me a very happy man. Btw, I'd probably choose these same 8 tomorrow.

View attachment 913993 Well, Carly's stopped playing possum, which sounds much more interesting than it is. I just mean the record has been completed. Now in keeping with my professed eclectic nature, I'm off to something completely different. Some good old Fripp. In The Court Of The Crimson King.
This album would be on my desert 8. Along with PFM Photos of Ghosts
Edit: Fripp wrote the English lyrics for PFM

Back
Top Bottom