AR-2a for $50. I'm already swimming in speakers.

Speakers are so fascinating, I want every one I see, I just want to touch them and take them apart and marvel at how simple and marvelous they are, but I resist.

Oh, the beautiful sounds it might make.

A single driver, only a handful of parts, its so cool.

Buy 'em, try 'em, then pass them on. Someone here has to need a pair, and you're keeping them out of the hands of those who would do horrible things like put Pyle drivers in if a woofer goes (seriously, I bought a pair of EPI 100s for parts and unfortunately the Pyles used looked close enough to EPI drivers that I didn't spot the issue until I took them apart.)

Speakers are so fascinating, I want every one I see, I just want to touch them and take them apart and marvel at how simple and marvelous they are, but I resist.

We share the same malady.

I'd have a very hard time passing up a deal like that (and I'm swimming in speakers too). I really love the classic AR line though, so for me it would be a no-brainer. There's always room for another project, and once fixed up they can always be sold for a heck of a lot more than $20 if you are so inclined.

I always loved the sound of AR, my granddaughter has my fixed up AR4x's so I would say get them!

a legendary AR for $50?

fund your retirement NOW

buy 2 sell 1, upgrade (from bicycle to Porsche) - buy now, flip'n'swap, buy, buy, buy

(crazy Eddie fan)

I just sold a set of beat to hell ones with no grills but with all good drivers for $200 to someone exporting them to Korea to flip and make money.
6 months ago he paid $150 for nice ones.

Woofers can hit $150 on eBay, Tweeters $100+

Wake up folks, prices are climbing fast.

I'm not much of a buyer but if something comes along that has a following and would be a quick sell then I'll jump in and move it along. For that price you'd have a hard time losing money even if you kicked them down a few flights of stairs on the way home.

I definitely did. Bought it from a retiring Stanford professor and later sold it to couple of Stanford students.

When in 1969?

Nah, just kidding, but you obviously were not interested in getting top dollar for them. Because as I'm guessing you're aware of those normally would easily go for at least a couple of Franklin's, depending on condition. Hope those students were appreciative of your overwhelming generosity.

When in 1969?

Nah, just kidding, but you obviously were not interested in getting top dollar for them. Because as I'm guessing you're aware of those normally would easily go for at least a couple of Franklin's, depending on condition. Hope those students were appreciative of your overwhelming generosity.

Karma. What goes around comes around.

I donated this and a pile of other stuff to AK fundraisers too.

dynaco.jpg

Karma. What goes around comes around.

I donated this and a pile of other stuff to AK fundraisers too.

View attachment 914258

Good stuff. But in regard to the OP's question about whether or not he should pay $50 for these speakers, I think it's fair to say that a nice pair of 2a's will be easy to sell for quite a bit more then his purchase price if he so decides. Unless he decides to go for the karma angle, of course.

You need help my son

Back
Top Bottom