BMI Audio...... Anybody know these speakers?

bowtie427ss

Lunatic Member
Circa 1977 (i was still a pup at 13) we set my sister up with a new system thru our audio dealership, her system consisted of SX-850, Pl-518, and a pair of BMI Audio speakers.

The speakers in question were IIRC, a 12 inch 4 way system. A hefty cabinet a bit larger than L100's and designed to be a floorstander with the inclusion of a 2 or 3 inch riser/base. They had sculpted foam grills nearly identical to the L100, i also remember the woofers having shiny, sticky doped cloth surrounds. Sorry i don't currently have a pic, if the thread survives and warrants i'll try to get a couple pics and attach.

FWIW, the entire system is still, and has been in continuous service since new, with 0 repairs.

Circa 1977 (i was still a pup at 13) we set my sister up with a new system thru our audio dealership, her system consisted of SX-850, Pl-518, and a pair of BMI Audio speakers.

The speakers in question were IIRC, a 12 inch 4 way system. A hefty cabinet a bit larger than L100's and designed to be a floorstander with the inclusion of a 2 or 3 inch riser/base. They had sculpted foam grills nearly identical to the L100, i also remember the woofers having shiny, sticky doped cloth surrounds. Sorry i don't currently have a pic, if the thread survives and warrants i'll try to get a couple pics and attach.

FWIW, the entire system is still, and has been in continuous service since new, with 0 repairs.
Blast from the past four you, I found a pair at a thrift store for super cheap but they'd need a bit of work to get them going. How did they sound or what did they compare to?

Back
Top Bottom