Universal Remotes for Int. & Pre Amps. Luck?

I'll see how many functions I will need on the preamp. I have not used it yet except to listen to CD through headphones. I'll program the equalizer for 2 channel listening. I think I can program the equalization at preamp without a remote. At this point, don't plan on useing surround etc unless to add a Sub or two at some time.

Last edited:
I received Sony universal remote I ordered. Model RM-VLZ620.
Plan is to use it with Sony TA-E1000ESD Pre-Amp which I bought without it's dedicated remote. The universal seems to offer baasic function On/Off, Volume+ -, mute and can select 7 of the 12 input devices.
I believe this will give enough functions so I can run it from the chair.
Thanks to members for your recommendations.
Universal remotes are a crapshoot, This one worked out fine.

Last edited:
Get a a Logitech Harmony 350, Amazon has them for 25 bucks and you will be in business. I had the same pre and it worked just great. There setup program works pretty easily, you hook the remote up to your computer locate the device from their database and then you can add additional functionality as you desire to the other buttons that are unassigned. Plus you can operate up to 7 more devices as well.

Any idea if this has codes for adcom? I destroyed my remote for the GTP 500 preamp by letting the batteries sit for a while. There currently are no replacements for this remote. Thanks.

Can't believe nobody mentioned irplus (there are other apps too).

If you have a galaxy phone, or another with IR capabilities, you can do it via an app. Amazing for testing out stuff at thrifts (just download the config file).

It works plenty well enough to avoid splurging on a remote that costs more than the unit you're controlling. If the model codes you need aren't there, very likely one of the others available will work to control basic functions at least.

Also very handy for when the remote is "over there" and you are too lazy to get up.

Did i mention the free part? :thumbsup:

Any idea if this has codes for adcom? I destroyed my remote for the GTP 500 preamp by letting the batteries sit for a while. There currently are no replacements for this remote. Thanks.
Just looked it up on their website and it says that all of their remotes will support it!

I have an old Samsung 7" Tab2 tablet with IR. I should try it. Thanks, loudnoises.

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my own neediness but the 650 works great! Volume, input, on/off, tuner ( although i will never use it!) are fully controllable. I then did my old sony es cd player and was able to program the variable line out with buttonbs. Just awesome. I did find one glitch with the cd player though. I tried programming the display button and adding the function. For whatever reason while it says in the software it has been added and synced, it does not add to the remote. No problem though as the only reason i tried adding it was for fun. Im sure i will figure it out.

Thanks for the suggestion! I cant believe i didnt do this awhile ago.

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my own neediness but the 650 works great! Volume, input, on/off, tuner ( although i will never use it!) are fully controllable. I then did my old sony es cd player and was able to program the variable line out with buttonbs. Just awesome. I did find one glitch with the cd player though. I tried programming the display button and adding the function. For whatever reason while it says in the software it has been added and synced, it does not add to the remote. No problem though as the only reason i tried adding it was for fun. Im sure i will figure it out.

You have not hijacked. I started thread as discussion of all universal remotes and thier uses. Not just my own application. Have at it.

I use a Harmony touch. It controls most functions of my Sony TA-E77ESD preamp, which is few years older than yours. I bet harmony would work god for you.

I use a Harmonyaquired It controls most functions of my Sony TA-E77ESD preamp, which is few years older than yours. I bet harmony would work god for you.

Thanks for info. I'm going to see if I need more than what my recently aquired Sony universal gives.
Got the quote today to repair the mating 330ES power amp. If I get it fixed, will find out in few weeks how system works.

I have a N330es. It's a nice amp. I recently got a N77es that's being repaired now. Looking forward to the upgrade

I have a N330es. It's a nice amp. I recently got a N77es that's being repaired now. Looking forward to the upgrade

My only hesitation is the cost. Not going into details, but Ebay sold units well under repair quote. But the one I have is known condition, vs one I might buy. Likely going ahead with repair.

I have a extra sony RM-P2000 that should work with your sony pre amp. Hit me up and I will send it to you for nothing.

Keep trying it, I had some weird difficulty when I first got mine. I don't remember exactly what the issue was or why it wasn't syncing quite right. I think I eventually just cleared everything and started over and everything worked properly.

Thanks to eastbrown for a Sony remote for my Sony pre.
I've said it before. And it's proved again. A lot of helpful members here.

If you have an older es sony preamp, like the ta-e1000esd or ta-e2000esd, try the rm-p301. There are lots on ebay, I just got one for my ta-e1000esd, and it works great. Almost does everything. Also controls es cd changer, and modern sony TV.

Back
Top Bottom