What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

useto - re :Women on TV - particularly news programs -who spend God knows how much time growing that clump of hair and getting it to cover part of one eye, then spend half the time on camera flipping their head or using their hand to move it out of the way.

How come you don't just change the channel?

A big pet peeve, I just got my gas bill with a flyer announcing a second rate increase within a one year period. The previous one was around 17%.

There has been a rate increase every year for the past ten years even with the huge surplus of natural gas, and the gas company's parent company's financial statements list higher rates of its subsidiaries as the reason for the huge increase in profits.

The rate increase has to be approved by the Public Utilities Commission, but it is just a rubber stamp.

People urinating all over a toilet seat. For goodness sake, lift up the lid! Let's just say when I have to use a public toilet, I really don't want to waste my time cleaning it because you were too lazy to lift a lid!

LED street lamps that are so fuc*ing bright that you almost need sun glasses if you look outside the window at night. We got such a horror lamp last week.

People running red lights. Everyone is so impatient that they can't stand to get caught by a red light, so the light turns yellow and 3 people squeeze by under it, then 1 or 2 people blatantly run the red light. Damned Spoiled Americans.

I really like this thread

This morning I can't put out any food for the birds because of the pigeons vacuuming it up. They crowd out the other birds and now, to stop the neighbours getting hysterical over it, I've had to stop. The thing that gets me mad is the fact that the feeder containers are ok because the pigeons can't get at them but neither can the blackbirds and I like them. If it weren't for the neighbours hysteria, I would just continue.

Last edited:
Trying to relax and listening to some music while I catch up on AK, but the dog, a 90 pound lab, is beside me SNORING so LOUD that I can hear her over Chicago Transit Authority -- and I can feel the vibration! Sheesh! Pipe down, will ya?

My Uncle Jim worked for the CTA, as a young guy he was a conductor on the 22nd St. streetcar. My Dad lived at 22nd and Millard and when his car wouldn't start they'd give it a push start with the streetcar.

When someone makes you a best offer on ebay, then you counter offer, they counter offer, and you finally agree on a price to sell your item.

Then they pay 2 days later.

This was the scene in front of my house Saturday and is a HUGE pet peeve of mine:

File_Apr_22_4_55_43_PM.jpg

I'm not sure where these people got it in their head that perpendicular parking was ok but its not. The people two houses to the right of me have too many kids and too many cars so there's always cars parked perpendicular to the curb and at the end of their driveway. It really bugs me when they have people over and park two deep. When it starts to crowd my driveway then I'm really bothered. If it weren't for my wife's insistence of not causing waves with the neighbors I'd say something. It's getting bad though. It started when those people moved into the culdesac and then others started doing it. A new neighbor just moved in on my left side (very sad about loosing our old neighbors) and of course he sees everybody else doing it so he thinks its ok to. Saturday the dogs started barking like there was someone at the door and I saw this when I peeked out the window to check. I walked outside to give the evil eye to the (unoccupied) mustang and while I was standing there another kid tried to park behind the mustang. I shook my head at him and he rolled down the window and said "am I blocking you?". I just responded with "Please don't park there" and he moved.

This was the scene in front of my house Saturday and is a HUGE pet peeve of mine:

File_Apr_22_4_55_43_PM.jpg

I'm not sure where these people got it in their head that perpendicular parking was ok but its not. The people two houses to the right of me have too many kids and too many cars so there's always cars parked perpendicular to the curb and at the end of their driveway. It really bugs me when they have people over and park two deep. When it starts to crowd my driveway then I'm really bothered. If it weren't for my wife's insistence of not causing waves with the neighbors I'd say something. It's getting bad though. It started when those people moved into the culdesac and then others started doing it. A new neighbor just moved in on my left side (very sad about loosing our old neighbors) and of course he sees everybody else doing it so he thinks its ok to. Saturday the dogs started barking like there was someone at the door and I saw this when I peeked out the window to check. I walked outside to give the evil eye to the (unoccupied) mustang and while I was standing there another kid tried to park behind the mustang. I shook my head at him and he rolled down the window and said "am I blocking you?". I just responded with "Please don't park there" and he moved.

That looks like something I see when I look out my window in the evenings and weekends. Most of the cars are gone in the daytime, because some of the people go to work. I have two cars. One reason is so I can park one in front of my house to save that place so I can get a car out. When I had only one car years ago, someone would always park in front of my house. I keep my Camaro in the driveway most of the time, unless I'm driving it or the mechanic is working on it.

Back
Top Bottom