Pioneer Spec 2 It's home, looks and sounds like new

70's Silver

I would like to start this thread by thanking AK member rjsalvi (Robert J Salvi) for restoring my spec 2. A while back I purchased the spec 2 at an estate sale with other gear. All of the gear came in original boxes. The spec 2 was not beat up, but was showing its age. When I got it home I plugged it in and it went into protection mode. I placed it back in the box and put it away for a couple of years. Recently I was able to see and hear a couple of refurbished vintage amps that Robert had done and they looked and sounded like new. I asked Robert if he would take my spec 2 on and he said it sounds like fun. Robert has been around audio since the age of 13. He founded Ambiance Acoustics in 1994. Well the amp is now done and I am completely blown away with the results. When I picked it up he had it hooked up to his Super Cube Evos and EQC-1 Active Equalizer and I was in audio bliss.
Robert, thank you so very much for your professional and courteous service.
I have attached pics so you can see Roberts excellent work.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I would like to start this thread by thanking AK member rjsalvi (Robert J Salvi) for restoring my spec 2. A while back I purchased the spec 2 at an estate sale with other gear. All of the gear came in original boxes. The spec 2 was not beat up, but was showing its age. When I got it home I plugged it in and it went into protection mode. I placed it back in the box and put it away for a couple of years. Recently I was able to see and hear a couple of refurbished vintage amps that Robert had done and they looked and sounded like new. I asked Robert if he would take my spec 2 on and he said it sounds like fun. Robert has been around audio since the age of 13. He founded Ambiance Acoustics in 1994. Well the amp is now done and I am completely blown away with the results. When I picked it up he had it hooked up to his Super Cube Evos and EQC-1 Active Equalizer and I was in audio bliss.
Robert, thank you so very much for your professional and courteous service.
I have attached pics so you can see Roberts excellent work.View attachment 920234View attachment 920234 View attachment 920238View attachment 920240View attachment 920241View attachment 920242View attachment 920244View attachment 920248View attachment 920254View attachment 920257View attachment 920261
More picsimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hi, 70's Silver. I am restoring a SPEC 2 and have a couple of questions for you.

Did you do any major prepping to the top and side covers before powder coating (light sanding, sanding down to bare metal, primer)? and did you powder coat yourself?

I have looked at your output terminals. Did you have to modify anything to get them to fit on the back panel and terminal rings?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Hi, rjsalvi.

I'm a little confused on Post #10. "SIB01-04 = D7>1N5408 D8>1N4007 (I *think* in that order, or ir could be the other way around.)".

D7 and D8 are both SIB01-04 diodes. Did you use 1N5408 or 1N4007? I bought some 1N4007G diodes to cover my self.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom