The mama figure scored big, but voltage is a problem.

Mark, I tell her all the time not to worry with it, but I can't stop her. She's brought me home all sorts of great CD players, speakers, etc. She doesn't move well at 70 (had a near fatal car wreck in '88, and could use another artificial hip) but there ain't no stopping her, ya dig? The last Pioneer Blu-Ray she brought me home was a 600 dollar job from 2008, I believe. 8 bucks. Sounds GREAT.

I'll report in when the step-up gets here. Hoping she works.

Enjoy it while it lasts because I think that one has one of the rare and expensive KSS-151A laser assemblies, same as my DCD-1560.

Yeah, a bit Donny Downer-ish, but wouldn't want to see you put a bunch of mods anything like that for a unit where the laser assy is borderline unobtanium.

Some say you can replace just the laser diode, but the assembly, if you can find one, is $$$$ used.

Last edited:
Enjoy it while it lasts because I think that one has one of the rare and expensive KSS-151A laser assemblies, same as my DCD-1560.

Yeah, a bit Donny Downer-ish, but wouldn't want to see you put a bunch of mods anything like that for a unit where the laser assy is borderline unobtanium.

Some say you can replace just the laser diode, but the assembly, if you can find one, is $$$$ used.

You're telling the truth; no need to apologize, whoareu99.

I've had a bad run of late, restored receivers quitting, speakers with unobtainium mids, you name it. Maybe this time my luck will change.

And if not, I still have a Yamaha CDX-1100U and a modded Playstation that honestly are neck and neck, and both are glorious.

I got a 1520 on the shelf, bought it and the door didn't open. I think I even have the belt kit and just need to do the surgery. Not enough hours in the day. Dammit.

Every vintage CDP I've bought, the first thing I do is get on eBay and see if I can find a replacement belt set for it. Both 1520's I've had required new belts as well as the Sony CDP-302 I picked up a few weeks ago.

I still haven't received the step-up, hoping it comes soon. And belt replacement on these is supposed to be pretty simple.

It even has some cd in it. Marco Antonio ?? Can't read the last name, lol. Did I mention it is freaking HEAVY? Although it doesn't seem to have 2 transformers like my Yamaha, word around the campfire is that this is a real good sounding player.

I'm not interested in that last micro-dot of detail, I like smooth, maybe even slightly rolled off highs (tinnitus sucks butt). And for 9 bucks, who can argue with THAT?

I like the Goldsource option, will investigate.

Marco Antonio Solís - Trozos De Mi Alma

41T2XYH0SQL.jpg

Música romántica mexicana - not bad actually. It's got a nice sound to it.

ETA: Inside CD - Perfect match to what you have in there.

cd-marco-antonio-solis-trozos-de-mi-alma-D_NQ_NP_520801-MLM20411236195_092015-F.jpg

Last edited:
Reydela, THAT IS IT! haha. Good job, man.

Just found out it'll be TUESDAY before I get my step-up. Should have ordered from Amazon. I swear, it's like they're waiting in the damned bushes to deliver my package BEFORE I even order it.

Just so you know, you've got a player referred to in several places as "legendary". Provided it works - Denons of that vintage have a reputation for laser failure - you've got one hella piece for nine bucks. I paid $50 for my DX-706, and I feel it was worth it. I'm sure yours would be the equal of it.

Cheers,
Larry B.

I used a DX-706 for years and loved everything about it.

Got my step up....FINALLY. Had to get a refund from the original seller. Went to Amazon, it's like they got people hiding in the bushes.

I am happy to report, after hitting the voltage switch in the back of the step up, that she sprang to life. Spanish singing filled my ears (thru headphones).

The rails were SEVERELY dry, and needed grease, and the belt is toast (got a rubber band doing duty) but it works, and well!

I really REALLY like the sound.

Every vintage CDP I've bought, the first thing I do is get on eBay and see if I can find a replacement belt set for it. Both 1520's I've had required new belts as well as the Sony CDP-302 I picked up a few weeks ago.

This site has belts by model and/or size. Pretty good selection. (No affiliation). https://www.turntableneedles.com/How_to_measure_find_right_turntable_tape_player_rubber_drive_belt

...it's like they got people hiding in the bushes...

IMG_0195.JPG

:D

He didn't order the deluxe converter, so all the music was in German, but it plays.

Oompah music never sounded so good!Long live the most Teutonic of instruments, the tuba!

In actuality, the first sound I heard was a male singing in Spanish (since cd drawer wouldn't open) and the trapped cd spun up. Marco Antonio somesuch.

My wife in the next room actually said "I HEAR IT!!!"since she knew I was hoping it worked.

Back
Top Bottom