What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

New peeve- When my phone rings, and I see it's a number that I don't want to answer (like the telemarketer that calls me every damn day at 3pm), I hit the "hangup" icon to reject it. Then it says "missed call from (number)" until I unlock my phone and acknowledge the alert. Listen here, phone... I KNOW I MISSED THE CALL! I did it on purpose! It should know that, I hit the friggin' button. My old phone did this too, drives me nuts. If I reject a call it should land silently in the call log with no further annoyances.

In Walmart today, I was attempting to get to the pain reliever section. A 60ish gentleman is blocking the aisle with his basket and his body while on his phone. I politely said "excuse me." Nothing. I raised my voice ever slightly and waited. Nothing. Third time, I said it so that God and everyone could hear it. Mr. 60ish called me basically a young whippersnapper (I'm 43 lol) and told me not to be so upset. Not to be outdone, I told him, very politely, that if he would pay less attention to his phone, he might have heard me the first time since I had to ask him to move 3 times. I don't mean to be a grouch, but I'm dealing with 2 ruptured discs in my back, so I would like to get my business taken care of and be done, not stand around and wait the heck on him to finish up his conversation. Yup, that bugs me!

The numbnutz who put on my shingles back in 06. I think his experienced help quit halfway through and he got some high school kids or something. The shingles overhang a little too much at the bottom course on the back of the house, and today (in the pouring rain, clearing clogged downspouts) I found a real problem. The shingles hang over an extra inch, and sag, so they hump UP just uphill of the edge. Which apparently causes water (or snow and ice) to collect. There's now a soft depressed spot a foot in diameter which means the hump caused water to get underneath and rot the sheathing. Dammit.

People using adjectives as nouns.

Mrs. Tox is in some new-employee training at a health care provider. The agenda included a session simply titled "Didactic." I looked up didactic because this made little sense.
Didactic (adj): in the manner of a teacher, particularly so as to treat someone in a patronizing way; "slow-paced, didactic lecturing". I see why they don't want nurses being patronizing while doing patient education, but...Or is this session about something else and the orientation trainer is going to act didactic? Who knows.

Meanwhile, a large organic dairy producer advertises thus:
“We take great pride in our commitment to organic,"

Another adjective used as a noun, by people who should know better. Ugh.

Grass trimmers. The kind you call "weed whackers" at your side of the pond. I am sick and tired of buying yet another one to see if I can hit the lottery that is reliability. Usually it is an issue with the line breaking too often or a battery one that is too weak and doesn't so much cut the grass as just gives it a slap! This time I got a Worx WGII8E and it was poweful but this morning the line wound itself round the motor and all it does now is buzz :mad:. I'm not buying another one so I'll just have to get a gardener to do it for me.

Grass trimmers. The kind you call "weed whackers" at your side of the pond. I am sick and tired of buying yet another one to see if I can hit the lottery that is reliability. Usually it is an issue with the line breaking too often or a battery one that is too weak and doesn't so much cut the grass as just gives it a slap! This time I got a Worx WGII8E and it was poweful but this morning the line wound itself round the motor and all it does now is buzz :mad:. I'm not buying another one so I'll just have to get a gardener to do it for me.

Pfft. I have bought so many weed whackers over the years. Rechargeable, corded, 2-stroke, 4 stroke, they're all junk. I have a 4-stroke now that runs great, but the string-advance has never worked right. I have to stall it, turn it upside-down and advance it manually. Annoying as F, but at least it still runs. The electric ones I have owned run 2-years tops, then either fall apart or smoke the motor. The 2-stroke ones are just too hard to start and smoke too much.

So yeah, I feel your pain.

New peeve (this may have already been covered, but still)- Gas pumps that ask too many questions. And bonus points for extremely slow prompts:
-Please slide rewards card...
-Looking up info...
-Thank you...
-Please enter payment...
-Debit or Credit?
-Verifying...
-Thank you...
-Enter Zip Code...
-Thank you...
-Would you like to redeem points?
-Thank you...
-Would you like a car wash?
-Thank you...
-Would you like a receipt?
-Thank you...
-Press Fuel Type...
-Begin Fueling...

...Meanwhile I have grown a long gray beard and my family has reported me missing.

My peeve is now all of the advertising on gas pump screens. I want to pump my gas in peace, I don't want to be blasted with music, inane pop culture commentary, weeks-old news, products, or anything. Especially at ridiculous volume. There's so much advertising everywhere already, and I feeling like it's intruding more and more into daily life.

Charles.

My peeve is now all of the advertising on gas pump screens. I want to pump my gas in peace, I don't want to be blasted with music, inane pop culture commentary, weeks-old news, products, or anything. Especially at ridiculous volume. There's so much advertising everywhere already, and I feeling like it's intruding more and more into daily life.

Charles.

http://gstv.com/

"high impact marketing" - these are everywhere in NY, fortunately for my brain its just a few more db of white noise I block out...

my biggest pet peeve is people who hit heir brakes on the highway for no reason. one of my friends does this as well.. she bitches about her mpg too and doesn't even realize she is turning gasoline into brake dust every few minutes!!!

First, biting into a malted milk ball and getting a bad one that's more like a milk dud.

And, putting what appear to be a handful of M&Ms in your mouth, and find out they were Skittles.

A school in Wisconsin was evacuated today (May 4, Star Wars Day) when a student came to school in a Darth Vader outfit. A parent called police to report 'suspicious activity.'

"The district said there was "no legitimate threat" and that the situation was a "misunderstanding."

"There was no intent of a threat, but the student will be held accountable," the statement said."

I want to know who's holding the idiot parent accountable, or the school? Do ya think anyone could have walked up to the kid and said "hey dude what up?" But noooooo, they had to declare a general emergency because of a kid in a plastic hat.

The human race is doomed. :no:

In case I haven't mentioned it, people without handicapped plates/placard parking in a handicap spot. I prefer to park in a handicap spot when possible (I do have a legal placard), but I'm ambulatory enough that I can walk in a pinch. What of people who have to use a wheelchair or crutches? Show some dang consideration! I decided to start shaming people who do that by snapping a photo of their license plate and posting it publicly on Facebook for the world to see.

Back
Top Bottom