Official Grateful Dead Thread

The Grateful Dead
November 19, 1966
Fillmore West
I always like "He Was a Good Friend of Mine"
19661118a.jpg

If anyone lives in the Pacific Northwest I can't recommend strongly enough checking out Andy Coe Band out of Seattle. Andy is amazing and shreds Jerry like no one else I've seen, and I've seen many Dead cover bands, not to mention Jerry many times. He's also the only person (other than Jerry of course) I've seen who can actually pull off songs like 'Mission in the Rain'.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll try to keep an eye out for a local show.

I just played that Carousel Ballroom Feb. 14, 1968 show again :music:

It rocks damn hard for The Dead and is my new favorite early Dead show.
I'm going to play this show many more times.

Read this review here then get this show here or stream it here.

You owe it to yourself if you like live Dead.

horse.gif

OT - That's It For The Other One was playing (on my stereo) while Selene opened her wrist to awaken Count Victor in the movie Underworld - very dark
*****************************************************************************************************************
(Review stub from thebestofwebsite.com)
The set begins with the suite of "That's It For The Other One>
i. Cryptical Envelopment
ii. The Other One
iii. Cryptical Envelopment." The version has a real hard rock feel to it. The energy and intensity could fit on a Black Sabbath album.
Playing this one again. Hard & aggressive. One of my favorites.
https://archive.org/details/gd1968-02-14.sbd.miller.89676.sbeok.flac16

Housing prices are insane. It's not on me anymore. Daughter and son in law are footing the housing bill.

IN NY, a modest 1,500 square foot home, $200,000 market value, taxes alone start at 11,000 a year. This low rate comes complete with no city services, water, garbage....

Cornell '77 (3 CD set) is set to arrive on my front porch today. With the spring rains, I'll be stuck in front of the stereo.
Ah, you too! They talked me into grabbing that one as well - should arrive this afternoon!
Sounded real intriguing - with luck I'll get some listening time tomorrow, due to the rainy weekend.

Back
Top Bottom