Led Zeppelin I - The Greatest Debut Album Of All Time?

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread yet so please excuse my snarky response. LZ1 was a great debut until you start to compare the similarities of the first Jeff Beck Group album which preceded and heavily influenced the structure of LZ1....

Nevermind, they're both great.

Now, if the Jeff Beck would've taken the invite to Woodstock one year later...
There's a "what if" thread idea.

A little Jeff Beck Jimmy Page fun fact for you . If you ever see Jimmy playing a tie dyed fender telecaster it was a gift from Beck when he joined the Yardbirds

Agree with all of the above. But will toss in the Fleetwood Mac Rumours LP. Debut of the Nicks/Buckingham era of an iconic blues band turned into pop rock legend. Not my favorite FM album but still a landmark.

yay or nay?

The Pretenders first album, My Aim Is True by Elvis Costello and Marshall Crenshaw's debut were all great first albums.

I actually like Led Zep II better than their debut. Their debut was pretty good though, especially considering they didn't have a lot of time to record it. There is a big mistake on "I Can't Quit You" that I assume they didn't have time to fix.

I'm with you. When I saw the title of the thread, I immediately thought of Elvis' first LP. Not a bad song on the album. Not a single one you want to skip to another, and almost all of them, when they start to fade, make you think, "I wish this song was longer."

I don't think there's a first LP out there that can top the lyrics on this record.

robin_trower-twice_removed_from_yesterday1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom