Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Home - Win 10, Work - Other

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Home - Other, Work - Win 10

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Home - Other, Work - Other

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters
It's hard for me to isolate the performance characteristics of a new OS, since I usually get a new, much more powerful computer when I make the OS upgrade.

Where I work they're sticking with 7 for as long as possible. At home I'm still using XP and Vista (yecch) on the lab computer. There was never a free upgrade option for me. Soon I'll replace the XP machine and probably go with 10. My fear is it might not support my nice old Epson scanner and original 5p printer.
You are right even the gov't up here in Canada I know many just got new laptops with windows 7 makes you want to know why...I want to use one of my old desktops and try to learn Linux...sorry everyone if I am not on the subject here as there are so many NO NO's I do not wish to make others upset...so much to learn but like this AK place for sure!

XP and Vista are both dead. There are no options other than to unplug them from the internet.
I really disliked that Vista I had it on a laptop and when I did a full format once a year, and put win 7 on it, it was a bit of a pain to bring out the vista disks then reload win 7 disks...just hate MSoft I am going to Linux that is it, money greedy xxxxxxxxards.....:king:

Many companies and the Governments are PAYING for MS support on older software.

Linux does the same as MS - I don't see what the big deal is. Just turn it off. Done.
Me neither what is that deal anyway, other than the cost! Linux it is sick of paying for MS anyway 25 years now and it worked great, now is the time to switch to save on ?? LOL

Not really, MS is not the company that has 1/2 trillion dollars of cash on hand, Apple does.

Linux is not a panacea either. Linux had a hole in the kernel for 10 yrs and it just got fixed, so all OS's has issues.
Well that is good to hear, I will try it out tomorrow and see if there is a hole, can't be any bigger than the hole in MS's pockets

Are you a programmer or tech botryis? I've used windows for 25 years and it is time to change is all I am saying, I am tired of the costs...Apple yes who knows with their agenda these days eh!

Well, if you use Vista or XP, you are open to any problems.
Oh yes you are so right on that one! I guess these days it is take your pick I am not an Apple user but I hear good things that they have OS upgrades that are cheap? Cannot afford their stuff right at this time but someday!!! ha ha

Apple has the same issues that everyone has :D. They are no better or worse, just on hardware that is 2 yrs behind what you can buy in an HP or Dell and pay more for it. What more can you ask for? :)

Serious - keep an eye out for BIOS updates that will close the Intel chop hole, that I posted above.
yeah my dell laptop has a nice white burn in on the screen I've owned HP for 15 years but have had two laptops that bust on the side of the frame and they even announced the replacement program but I was a bit late on it as when mine went the 'offer' was gone!

I will be going be to HP after this thing dies it is only a 1.5 years old which is AWESOME by today's systems!

My sister in law was upset because her 3 year old grandson updated her laptop to win 10.I suspect she will be fine with 10 and later her grandson will be there for future updates as they present themselves!

Alobar if her laptop doesnt support win 10 with new drivers she could end up like mine did and constantly get the spinning blue circle of death,lol.I have an older e5420 dell and even though micro lied and said my comp was ok for win 10 dell did not support it for that comp and i had tons of issues.Ive gone back to 7 pro and she runs great now.

Various incarnations of Windows at the office, including two machines still on XP, which will be gone very shortly.

Linux Mint here on my personal Dell laptop, and I love it. It takes a little geekiness to get it installed and running, but not a whole lot.

EDIT: Linux Mint with the Cinnamon desktop is very windows-like.

Back
Top Bottom