Show Off Your Small Listening Space

My small, humble vinyl listening space:

Flowers.jpg

Last edited:
What a nice classy looking set up nice colors simple but very nice way to go!

Thanks. I enjoy it. Other than the rug, everything in that photo, including the albums, came from Goodwill.

Of course, the speakers didn't look anything like that, and were unusable when I got them, and the Yamaha integrated amp needed a little work, but I'm pleased with the way it's all come together.

Well I guess small space is a relative term so not sure a 13x13 room qualifies but it isn't a room for the audio purists. Moved the Focals in last week and just got around to getting the speakers calibrated to my listening chair. Also added a little mini-watt tube amp so brought in the Paradigm Atoms. Placed some of my other gear around just for fun. Not perfect by audiophile standards but I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 292
Well I guess small space is a relative term so not sure a 13x13 room qualifies but it isn't a room for the audio purists. Moved the Focals in last week and just got around to getting the speakers calibrated to my listening chair. Also added a little mini-watt tube amp so brought in the Paradigm Atoms. Placed some of my other gear around just for fun. Not perfect by audiophile standards but I like it.
Wolverine you room is just 1 ft square to big, better ask the poster? I am still trying to get the big tv in mine it is so small, but the acoustics are 100% check it out!:music:

Thanks. I enjoy it. Other than the rug, everything in that photo, including the albums, came from Goodwill.

Of course, the speakers didn't look anything like that, and were unusable when I got them, and the Yamaha integrated amp needed a little work, but I'm pleased with the way it's all come together.
I like how you put the light on the LP that is worth putting up in a magazine photo contest it is really that nice at least I think so anyone else!:beerchug:

I like how you put the light on the LP that is worth putting up in a magazine photo contest it is really that nice at least I think so anyone else!:beerchug:

Thanks for the compliment. That lamp was yesterday's Goodwill find. So, I thought I should incorporate it in my photos.

I actually worked as a full time photographer about 20 years ago, but it was a totally different kind of photography. Still, I learned a little about how to use light and shadows to make compositions interesting. I like to use that knowledge in the photos of my systems that I post here.

Here's one of my recent favorites:

Foreigner_4.jpg

That reflection on the wall is actually sunlight reflecting off the surface of the album. I was at my computer working ,with music playing in the background. I happened to notice some motion out of the corner of my eye, looked up and saw that reflection spinning at 33 1/3 rpm on the wall above the turntable. I grabbed my camera and took a couple quick snaps. Glad I did. It was a cloudy day and the sun only broke through for about two minutes. After I took the photos, the sun went back behind the clouds, when it emerged again 10 minutes later the angle of the sun had changed enough that there was no longer a reflection.

That's another thing I learned about photography - natural light is fleeting. It is constantly changing. Many great photos have been made by simply being in the right place at the right time. Of course, you also need to be prepared, know what to do and how to do it, but that's what professional photographers do. They spend a lot of time and effort to be in the right places at the right times. My best selling images when I shot professionally were familiar landmarks shot under unique circumstances.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. That lamp was yesterday's Goodwill find. So, I thought I should incorporate it in my photos.

I actually worked as a full time photographer about 20 years ago, but it was a totally different kind of photography. Still, I learned a little about how to use light and shadows to make compositions interesting. I like to use that knowledge in the photos of my systems that I post here.

Foreigner_4.jpg

That reflection on the wall is actually sunlight reflecting off the surface of the album. I was at my computer working ,with music playing in the background. I happened to notice some motion out of the corner of my eye, looked up and saw that reflection spinning at 33 1/3 rpm on the wall above the turntable. I grabbed my camera and took a couple quick snaps. Glad I did. It was a cloudy day and the sun only broke through for about two minutes. After I took the photos, the sun went back behind the clouds, when it emerged again 10 minutes later the angle of the sun had changed enough that there was no longer a reflection.

That's another thing I learned about photography - natural light is fleeting. It is constantly changing. Many great photos have been made by simply being in the right place at the right time. Of course, you also need to be prepared, know what to do and how to do it, but that's what professional photographers do. They spend a lot of time and effort to be in the right places at the right times. My best selling images when I shot professionally were familiar landmarks shot under unique circumstances.
I love it! No wonder...then you are the right person to ask, what do you prefer for those new digital camera's the Nikon or Canon? I just have a Fuji flatty! ha ha 12.1 megapixels!

I want to save this one I do painting and this is a nice picture...my dad was self taught he used to take photos with a delay...have me sit in one chair the sit in the next and the photo looked like I was a twin!! Nice work though and clean house!

Okay I saved it I hope you do not mind it is really good nice reflection and the colors blend well with that shade!

Oh wow, are you hiring? Odyessy? Do you live out of town or do the neighbors like music! LOL

It doesn't have to be loud to sound good!!

I live in a loft above some commercial spaces and no neighbors. As long as the businesses are closed... crank it up!!

Yes. The power amps are Odyssey Kismets in Khartago cases. The preamp is a Modwright 36.5.

- Woody

It doesn't have to be loud to sound good!!

I live in a loft above some commercial spaces and no neighbors. As long as the businesses are closed... crank it up!!

Yes. The power amps are Odyssey Kismets in Khartago cases. The preamp is a Modwright 36.5.

- Woody
What I can't hear.....well you could keep it low that is what SEARS if for! LOL

Very nice stuff you have though never heard of that brand...I just worked my way up from a transistor radio 1 speaker model now up to a Nikko Alpha II! LOL

The stores around here probably do not carry this high quality equipment, I think they are still worried about Sears making a come back!!!

Hello, I have been trying to get this set up forever it seems. But here it is, listening loft in a tiny house. KG4's maybe overkill but it sounds great.

Attachments

• IMG_3391.JPG
    IMG_3391.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3396.JPG
    IMG_3396.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3401.JPG
    IMG_3401.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 232

Foreigner_4.jpg

My small, humble vinyl listening space:

Flowers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom