Does a Marantz 2325 work without jumpers?

t j

I was told that these have an internal switch and that NO jumpers ever came with the original units. I argued, but realized that I have no idea what I'm talking about...

It doesn't require jumpers... as long as the switching contacts are not oxidized! They're on the main amps' input jacks. Using jumper plugs or short cables is insurance against issues.

Some Marantz units, like the 1060 integrated, come with jumpers, but it is very common for their receivers to have the internal switches. As was mentioned, many will add jumpers anyways as the switched jacks can sometimes cause issues.

Thanks! I have a chance to buy one that is being used as a power amp only. It has no jumpers and I thought maybe the seller didn't know about them. Maybe it's just dirty. I'll let him know...

Thanks! I have a chance to buy one that is being used as a power amp only. It has no jumpers and I thought maybe the seller didn't know about them. Maybe it's just dirty. I'll let him know...
Bring some RCA interconnects with you to use as jumpers if you're going to look at it. Can at least confirm whether or not the preamp is working at all. Could always be something like a tape/mon or other switch causing the issue, so even if the jumpers don't do it, work the switches and controls to see if the preamp comes back to life.

Bring some RCA interconnects with you to use as jumpers if you're going to look at it. Can at least confirm whether or not the preamp is working at all. Could always be something like a tape/mon or other switch causing the issue, so even if the jumpers don't do it, work the switches and controls to see if the preamp comes back to life.
Good advice. I might risk it for the right price. He wants $700...

Well questions of value belong in dollars and sense forum, so you could get some advice there, but for a non-working unit....... yikes.

Well questions of value belong in dollars and sense forum, so you could get some advice there, but for a non-working unit....... yikes.
Yikes is right. No way I'd pay that much, but I'll let you know what happens...

If the internal jumpers are not working (both? doubtful but possible), adding jumpers from Pre-out to Main-in will restore normal operation.

Reactions: t j
If the internal jumpers are not working (both? doubtful but possible), adding jumpers from Pre-out to Main-in will restore normal operation.
The jumpers on my SX-1250, which to my knowledge has no internal jumpers, blocked out the left side so I thought that I bought a basket case. I went through all the dioxit protocols and got some results, but still no left side. I decided to try RCA cords and voila, it exploded with life. I was hoping for a repeat performance with a 2325 that I had my eyes on but the deal fell through...

The jumpers on my SX-1250, which to my knowledge has no internal jumpers, blocked out the left side so I thought that I bought a basket case. I went through all the dioxit protocols and got some results, but still no left side. I decided to try RCA cords and voila, it exploded with life. I was hoping for a repeat performance with a 2325 that I had my eyes on but the deal fell through...
There are a couple of guys here who did have trouble with the internal switch, but a thorough cleaning toook care of it for them. You can always use jumpers, just to be sure. Won't hurt anything. :) Sansui G9000 uses a slide switch on the left side I think.

Back
Top Bottom