The forgotten 500-B

Wow Steve. Love what you've done. I've got a 500-B ratrig in my queue. Just need to finish up the KX-100 I've been working on. Dang, I was thinking of doing the KM-60 first.

Wow Steve. Love what you've done. I've got a 500-B ratrig in my queue. Just need to finish up the KX-100 I've been working on. Dang, I was thinking of doing the KM-60 first.
Thanks Tim, I'm super pleased with the outcome, all it needs now is a nice wood cabinet.

Steve,
There are several cabinets on the big auction site, but watch the prices. Some have crazy prices.
Yeah, the crazy price seller blocked me after I scolded him for something. I have purchased after market ones before with good outcome, but I really want to build some myself.

Yeah, the crazy price seller blocked me after I scolded him for something. I have purchased after market ones before with good outcome, but I really want to build some myself.

Yeah, I have 3 different Fishers needing cabinets. I'd love to build my own, but have never done that level of fine carpentry. Not sure I have the tools and skills needed, but I'd like to try.

Yeah, I have 3 different Fishers needing cabinets. I'd love to build my own, but have never done that level of fine carpentry. Not sure I have the tools and skills needed, but I'd like to try.
I have a cabinet that is very rough that I took measurements from, looks pretty simple if you have wood working skills and tools. I'll get to it some day, my friend owns a cabinet shop so it should be pretty easy.

Just to show before and after, originally it had stock lights and deteriorated gasket around the glass, after is with glass cleaned, new gaskets and LED's. Do you think it improved? ;)
Makes me want to go back and do all my receivers this way.

View attachment 931462 View attachment 931465

wow I have this exact issue with my 400....I never knew it was because of shrunken gaskets!

thanks for the tip....I will try your felt replacement

:rockon:

wow I have this exact issue with my 400....I never knew it was because of shrunken gaskets!

thanks for the tip....I will try your felt replacement

:rockon:
I know, I was blown away what a difference it made, I haven't even tried it at night yet to see how it looks.

I know, I was blown away what a difference it made, I haven't even tried it at night yet to see how it looks.
Steve, post a night shot of the 400 if you get around to it. I'm sure its impressive! I can't believe the gaskets made that much of a difference, but then im kinda fuzzy on how the bulbs light up the lettering anyways with that gasket in between...

The light enters the glass from the ends and lights up the front of the lettering. The gasket is in front of the glass and helps keep the bleed over light from disrupting the light that is inside the glass.

Back
Top Bottom