Epos ES11 and Epos speakers

Thanks guys, pretty excited to hear these classics.

Art, just look at your post count :jawdrop:

Yep, 17k on another forum that's just about defunct..3k on Hoffman and so on. On top of that I actually find time to answer PM's, emails, work full time and have a life...lol!

Well the ES14's are have arrived but I've yet to hear them, I've had some problems on the left channel of my Destiny 2 meaning its been sent off for repair. So far the technician looking at it has been pretty unresponsive via e-mail, what is wrong with people these day?

:rolleyes:

Well the ES14's are have arrived but I've yet to hear them, I've had some problems on the left channel of my Destiny 2 meaning its been sent off for repair. So far the technician looking at it has been pretty unresponsive via e-mail, what is wrong with people these day?

:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the Destiny issue. Hope you are up and running soon, Gavin.

Hey all - I know a guy locally who has some EPOS 14s in great condition, but with a blown tweeter. Any ideas where he can find a replacement?

Taken two months to get my Destiny back coz the repair guy was not very communicative with me, in this respect a total clown. He did however do a good job of the repair and I've had to do without music for that period, been tough.

I've had the ES 14's up and running for about a week and you know despite their excellent strengths they still don't overshadow the ES 11's to my mind. Overall I'm still convinced the ES 11 is a better balanced package, its more musical, versatile and more satisfying speaker to live with and that surprised the hell outta me, I'll be selling the ES 14's very very soon.

ES 14's have a treble and midrange to die for, absolutely sublime but you can hear some boxiness and a little difficulty with the sound breaking free of its confines. Voices and instruments are lifelike in terms of scale but image specificity is not as good as its smaller brother and both left to right spread and depth are not as good either. The biggest surprise and weakness of the ES 14 is its lack of bass punch, the ES 11's are not stellar in this department but compared to the ES 14 well. There is enough depth and definition but it really fails to underpin the rhythmic elements in the same way the ES 11 can and sounds a little slow in comparison, its very interesting hearing the two side by side though.

Last edited:
But for its lack of bass presence (given the size of the cabinet) this is a superb sounding speaker, midrange and treble are very sweet and detailed, what a shame.

3G8A6022.jpg

3G8A6042.jpg

My ES11's.

3G8A4501.jpg

3G8A5196.jpg

Last edited:
I owned the m12.2 which i really respected But never really fell in love with fully, they timed better than every speaker i've owned besides the Totem Arros, and they had a infectious intensity about them, that was very suprising for a sub 1k speaker, of all the incarnations the m12.2 is probably the most talented and technically sound of the bunch, but they can sound a bit mechanical, musically i still find the es11&es14 the most musically enjoyable, we all know the m12i were a complete mess.I also owned a pair of els3 which i loved the most i sold them to a friend that still has them on his main system paired up with a old Creek 4340 series amp&cdp, the els3 is 1 of the best budget designs of all time, and i feel they should be reconized as the true arrival of trully satisfying modern budget speakers with a nice taste of hiend....

I owned the m12.2 which i really respected But never really fell in love with fully, they timed better than every speaker i've owned besides the Totem Arros, and they had a infectious intensity about them, that was very suprising for a sub 1k speaker, of all the incarnations the m12.2 is probably the most talented and technically sound of the bunch, but they can sound a bit mechanical, musically i still find the es11&es14 the most musically enjoyable, we all know the m12i were a complete mess.I also owned a pair of els3 which i loved the most i sold them to a friend that still has them on his main system paired up with a old Creek 4340 series amp&cdp, the els3 is 1 of the best budget designs of all time, and i feel they should be reconized as the true arrival of trully satisfying modern budget speakers with a nice taste of hiend....

That is interesting I couldn't take to the els3's at all. Big fan of most of the epos range especially the es series but I thought the els3 were a hopeless budget speaker, really disappointed me at the time because I so much wanted an 11/12 type speaker in a smaller package. They were beaten easily when I had them with speakers costing half their new cost, and I had to try 2 separate sets just to be sure.

That is interesting I couldn't take to the els3's at all. Big fan of most of the epos range especially the es series but I thought the els3 were a hopeless budget speaker, really disappointed me at the time because I so much wanted an 11/12 type speaker in a smaller package. They were beaten easily when I had them with speakers costing half their new cost, and I had to try 2 separate sets just to be sure.
I've heard of other people not liking them....its rare but it happens, it may depend on what you were driving them with and source as well, the wrong combo could get them to sound a little metallic and a lil thin in the upperbass...

Know this is an old thread but I love Epos also. I own the ES-11 and ES-14. Love the ES-11 so much that I own 5 of them in varying conditions. I have to say out of all the speakers I own the ES-11 is easily my favorite.

Bump.

I have a pair of es11s that I'm not sure I can bear to part with, but I probably have to anyway. Bought them in Singapore in the early 90s after owning ARs and KEFs...loved them all, but the Epos are something else. Will be sad to let them go.

Back
Top Bottom