What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Morning all.

Well, I'm home. Unfortunately, I won't be here for long. I have to go in to work today.

Just before I left for the wilderness prison, I ordered a CD from Amazon. It turned up while I was away.

Now playing:

Miliza Korjus - s/t

Looks to me like there was a certain amount of "bait and switch" going on here. The CD I was expecting was called "Berlin Nightingale". I thought it was too good to be true that the one that I ordered was $10 when other advertisers were asking $100s. However, I'm not too fussed, because I wanted the disk for the music, not any value it may have.

The recordings are mono, dating from the 1930s. Inevitably, there is some noise, but it's not too distracting. Korjus' voice is of a style known as "soprano coloratura" which is worth exploring.

View attachment 933233

Morning Kevin, I read your posts and learn something new daily, So much unknown music to me. Between you, Frank, FOH, Pman and Musicfan, Eljir, Its like a free collage course in music history. It has made me try things I never would have. I'm a classic rock guy, That won't change. Buy I enjoy these new directions. Keep it coming guys!

Morning Kevin, I read your posts and learn something new daily, So much unknown music to me. Between you, Frank, FOH, Pman and Musicfan, Eljir, Its like a free collage course in music history. It has made me try things I never would have. I'm a classic rock guy, That won't change. Buy I enjoy these new directions. Keep it coming guys!

Thanks for including me in that list. That's praise indeed. Yes, classic rock is my starting point, and it's an easy genre to branch out from. The way I like to think of it is that if Beethoven was alive today, he would be a member of Pink Floyd.

Thanks for including me in that list. That's praise indeed. Yes, classic rock is my starting point, and it's an easy genre to branch out from. The way I like to think of it is that if Beethoven was alive today, he would be a member of Pink Floyd.

LOL, That's a very cool way to put it. I could see him and his pals, "Why Didn't We Think Of That". Hey, Be cool out where ever you are.

I agree with you - in some ways I like Who Do We Think We Are better than Machine Head... I think they sound a little tighter, even though tensions and infighting were at a peak at that time between Gillan, Blackmore and their management.

Agree, Yes, I think the record also sounds better, Through my speakers anyway. Tensions were high as I remember, And Rainbow, Was just around the corner. Not a bad thing, As we found out!

Thanks Speedy, there's a lot of folks here with broad appreciations. I put myself in the narrow minded category. I know what I like and I like it a lot, but I don't push the parameters very hard.
For instance, look at Crazy Gnome's collection. It's off the chart. Today he's having his delayed "Funkathon"...I got's no funk in my collection.

Thanks Speedy, there's a lot of folks here with broad appreciations. I put myself in the narrow minded category. I know what I like and I like it a lot, but I don't push the parameters very hard.
For instance, look at Crazy Gnome's collection. It's off the chart. Today he's having his delayed "Funkathon"...I got's no funk in my collection.

Agree, Crazy/Rhythm is very eclectic also. I actually have some classic Funk, Kool And The Gang, Brothers Johnson Etc. Nice vibe sometimes, And great way to check bass output.

Mystic, Where in the world do you find all this live music? No matter the band or venue, You have it so it seems. Just asking, As it's fun too see where these guys toured. Also, Nice to see you drop in here once in awhile.

More than a decade ago I was introduced to the world of bittorrent and trackers, including certain ones that specializ(ed) in the trading of ROIO material. This stuff adds up over time.

image.jpg1_zpsoadyabyf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom