Headshell Question - Technics SL-1300

Original Headshell:
Headshell_2_zpsr4bibbxk.jpg

'Mk 2' Headshell:
Headshell_1_zpsdcugv4am.jpg

I was thinking the exact same thing when you insisted that you were right and that Technics and I were both wrong.

John

If you read my first post, I said "about" 6 grams, but you responded with a rude.."more like 9 grams"

The weight of the head-shell is an important factor. The original Technics weighs about 6 grams or so. What is the weight of the replacement?

My point was that after-market head-shells can weigh more than the original. That was my point @boreas. If you feel the need to correct someone, try to do so in a more polite manner.

Turns out, I was incorrect, thanks to @Van_Isle for clearing this up. But, regarding the point I was making, you were wrong as well.

If you read my first post, I said "about" 6 grams, but you responded with a rude.."more like 9 grams"

Not rude, just curt. And the "MK1" headshell that the OP's table came with (and maybe still has) does weigh about 9g.

John

Okay, I stand corrected. Aftermarket headshells can weigh more than the originals. I had no idea.

John

I always check the tables owners manual to make sure I have the original factory headshell for that exact model, some headshells were used on a number of models and some are specific to one or two tables and not all as pictured weigh the same. Hifido usually has a good selection of headshells and the weight is listed. Also be aware when shopping on Ebay and elsewhere for headshells described as Technics "like", these are cheap knockoffs and many times have flaws, also outright counterfits being sold.

Also can weigh less. I always check the tables owners manual to make sure I have the original factory headshell for that exact model, some headshells were used on a number of models and some are specific to one or two tables and not all as pictured weigh the same. Hifido usually has a good selection of headshells and the weight is listed. Also be aware when shopping on Ebay and elsewhere for headshells described as Technics "like", these are cheap knockoffs and many times have flaws, also outright counterfits being sold.

Back
Top Bottom