What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Very nice FOH. Love the pool. How did you run that 70V system? How many speakers?

GJ
A total of 6 speaks....each side run out to a 4ohm load total on each side...the Crown amp wasn't really made for rough service conditions so it started having corrosion issues even when kept out of sun and rain in a dedicated media stuff enclosure....all the outside stuff is used till it stops, so no emotional distress over burnt up gear....buy more next time you need it....the pool top edge coping goes on Monday, my next day off...the walkway is brick but the Sun made it look like concrete...I dug out and replaced all 10 sides last year over the course of 3 months' Put the liner in during last November and just put the filter on Wednesday for the first time since 2015...

It is my assumption that he was turned-off the by the recent in-fighting that was happening in this thread. He is still active on AK, but no longer posting in this thread. I will PM him to see if he plans to return. He is a great guy and his presence is missed in here. It is now Jed69 that I'm worried about....His last post was in March in the vinyl thread... this was before all the in-fighting.

I chatted with Fuzz and you are right, the new guys that think this a place to be mean spirited and opinionated turned him and some others off as well..The good guys here are just that...

Sneaking in some music work for myself this morning, retiring my 70 volt outdoor PA and replacing it...The new rig is an early 90's NAD receiver with my OEM all weather 10 inch two ways. Unfortunately the rabbit under the deck must have used the existing speaker wire for witnter food so running new wires and listening to Steve Morse's first solo album and some reggae covers by Eric Gales..
Outdoor source will be CD , laptop and IPads.....and Radio for Orioles games on Sunny Sunday's, with some Red Stripe or other niceties

index.php

index.php

index.php
In the vernacular of the hood, "Dude, you be havin' da life!"
In your honor, I'll play Dwight Yoakam's new one, "Swimmin' Pools, Movie Stars..."
collage_dy.jpg

He said hello. Said he needed to slow things down a bit and that this thread moves so quick it was hard to keep up. Said he may pop in to say hi.
Fully understandable. I have given up trying to keep up with every post. I post when I feel like it, take a look at those posts in close proximity, and don't worry about it beyond that. As for the infighting...I just stay out of it. Learned long ago to not have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Had a nice $15.00 shopping spree at the thrift today. Bought these Radio Shack/RCA 40-5016's for $5.00. They're in really nice shape and don't sound half bad. 8" woofers, 2.5" mid's and 1" tweeters. Figure I'll stick 'em out in the garage with the Onkyo TX-8211 and the Sony CDP-190. Not bad for a $30.00 system if I do say so myself.
image.jpg

Gave them a run through with The Madeira - Ancient Winds
Sounded good enough for indoor use to be honest.
71QRTLbtzQL._SX522_.jpg

Also picked up this killer Deutsche Gramophon 10 LP box set.
Great Piano Masterpieces - Various
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Great-Piano-Masterpieces/release/7164004
003.jpg

All vinyl appears to be in great shape. Sadly, it's time to get ready for work. My long weekend is over, it's time for three days of The Walking Dead, aka weekend shoppers at Lowes..

Back
Top Bottom