Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
Date is the last Saturday in JUNE - June 24th, 2017

New England Summer Sweat FrankenFest Saturday June 24th in Clinton, MA

Once again we're back at our customary location at Franks shop.
While at the Winter fest we were pressed for space I think the Summer event won't be as crowded since we don't get as good a turnout for this time of year.
If we need more space we can use some space on the lower level and people should set up gear in Frank's shop - which folks rarely use that space.

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

I'd like to encourage everyone who's coming to put a link to this post in their signature line - spread the word.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street.

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events run smoothly with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards.
Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.
No charges or fees for anyone to buy, sell, or display - we do it for the love. :banana:.

As usual, we're not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here as the time approaches.

Also keep in mind that we'll need to make an extra effort to clean up after ourselves since Frank doesn't have the physical stamina like he used to.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

As per AK rules, please don't post your for sale items here

Here's the link to the Barter Town for sale thread:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/its-the-new-england-frankenfest-for-sale-swap-free-stuff-thread.770521/

(visible only to subscribers / hint-hint).

Last edited:
I do plan on attending also, this will be my first time......looking forward to it!

Should be fun! With any luck, I'll be able to bring my Mc gear this time around for a nice listening session. Just fixed up my 'new' MI-3 "maximum performance indicator", which should make for a nice 'light show' along with the MC2505 and C26. Here it is parsing some Donald Fagen from an iPod:
mi3_running.jpg

This will be my last fest as host. More on this later.

Did a quick look up.
My first fest post was June 13, 2008 for a October 4, 2008 fest.

This fest announced May 12, 2017 for a fest on June 24,2017

That's nine years give or take. Pretty good run if I do say myself :)

I need to make something absolutely clear. Without the invaluable efforts of Wjim and Audio Don this would not have happened. Don worked on outreach and education and Jim on outreach and scheduling. They didn't get asked, they just stepped up and got it done. I've joked about our 60 second organizational meetings. Not a joke, that's exactly how it worked.
I cannot thank either of them enough, and neither can you.

Frank C.

Last edited:
I'll try to get there earlier than the WinterFest since I missed nearly all of that get-together!

This will be my last fest as host. More on this later.

Did a quick look up.
My first fest post was June 13, 2008 for a October 4, 2008 fest.

This fest announced May 12, 2017 for a fest on June 24,2017

That's nine years give or take. Pretty good run if I do say myself :)

Frank C.

But Frank - you put the "Frank" in "FrankenFest"!

I'm very sorry to hear that Fank. I really look forward to each fest and getting some time to talk with you. I do hope you plan to attend Frankenfests after this one, and I think we need to keep the fest name!
See you in June.
Glenn

Researching making Frankenfest T-shirts.
What do people think of this logo?
I don't want to put a date on them but rather make them relevant moving forward.
I'm thinking the cost would probably be $12 each - this would leave a small surplus to allow for any issues (and a free one for frank) - any surplus funds would be forwarded to AK.

RCA3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, though I'd axe the RCA Victor wording on the 'victrola' (don't want to attract the copyright police, ya know), and maybe try to give the dog sunglasses and a scarf that's blowing in the 'breeze', a'la the Blown Away Guy. ;)
-Adam

OK - I changed it (see above) to delete the RCA - if we could get somebody to add a scarf that would be cool, but not necessary.

Adam
PM me your email address and I'll send you a larger version of the file.
Also, while I like the scarf extending from the oval I think it'll limit options if we print on a non-white shirt. I'd want the rectangular white background removed so we just have the oval.

Adam
PM me your email address and I'll send you a larger version of the file.
Also, while I like the scarf extending from the oval I think it'll limit options if we print on a non-white shirt. I'd want the rectangular white background removed so we just have the oval.
PM sent. The drawing I posted was just a crude mock-up, with both the glasses and scarf free-handed in Paintbrush. The actual 'Blown-Away Guy' image has him wearing a necktie rather than a scarf, so the final version will probably reflect that (also might make the dog look a bit less Snoopy-esque).
-Adam

Some sample T's - I like the "military green, the other is the grey.
Not sure if the dog will be the shirt color or white - TBD.
Thoughts?

TS-green.png

Back
Top Bottom