What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I chatted with Fuzz and you are right, the new guys that think this a place to be mean spirited and opinionated turned him and some others off as well..The good guys here are just that...
Although nobody asked or seemed to notice for that matter, I found the recent activity to be rather off-putting myself and chose to take a step backwards and give the thread a chance to correct it's course or I would be left to one of two options. 1- Exercising the "Ignore" function or, 2- Abandoning the thread altogether. Hopefully the thread will be able to get back on the track and stay moving in a positive direction. :)

Although nobody asked or seemed to notice for that matter, I found the recent activity to be rather off-putting myself and chose to take a step backwards and give the thread a chance to correct it's course or I would be left to one of two options. 1- Exercising the "Ignore" function or, 2- Abandoning the thread altogether. Hopefully the thread will be able to get back on the track and stay moving in a positive direction. :)
I just stepped away. It's hard to enjoy music with drama.

I chatted with Fuzz and you are right, the new guys that think this a place to be mean spirited and opinionated turned him and some others off as well..The good guys here are just that...
I joined this thread to learn and get new prospective of musical genres. I truly appreciate you veterans that are far reaching in your knowledge and tastes. What could possibly have happened to create a turd in the punch bowl? I really don't care...just keep the music coming!

The music forums in general and What are you Listening To Right Now? are my favorite and most enjoyable places to hang out on AK. In the past I was to much into gear, other stuff and got into to many asinine exchanges. One reason I left a couple years ago. The company here is good, knowledgeable and inspiring. Thanks!

Thanks Speedy, there's a lot of folks here with broad appreciations. I put myself in the narrow minded category. I know what I like and I like it a lot, but I don't push the parameters very hard.
For instance, look at Crazy Gnome's collection. It's off the chart. Today he's having his delayed "Funkathon"...I got's no funk in my collection.
Would like to say i own some of those but Still mostly streaming from amazon unlimited when working. Gives me an opportunity to try out before i seek them out. Some i probably won't ever see for any money since i have been interested in rarities lately. Only post what i like. Having fun discovering new things. Thats one of the reasons i follow the thread get ideas. :music: if you see a cover or part of my TT then i own it.

I'm relatively new and really like this music appreciation thread - lots of fun and helps to expand your sonic horizons. I must have joined after the drama and infighting... was it over gear? Digital vs. analog?
There are other threads in AK for the gear bashing crap that happens on audio enthusiast sites... this thread doesn't seem like the place for that nonsense

Back
Top Bottom