What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

OK, so I took today off and made some progress on my 1983 Radio Shack Optimus T-110 speaker resto-mod project... I'm installing new woofers, tweeters and crossovers into the walnut veneer cabinets

I already had repaired the factory 10" passive radiators by replacing the original disintegrated foam surrounds with brand new long lasting butyl rubber surrounds about a week ago

I enlarged the tweeter cutouts to fit the new MCM 1" soft domes. I also fabricated hardboard mounting adapters for the MCM 8" poly woofers because the original square frame 8" woofer cutouts were slightly too large.

The old tweeter L-Pads are being bypassed, but still need to be mounted in order to seal the hole in the baffle. I should have these all put together and wired up by tomorrow - looking forward to hearing what they sound like!

optimus t-110.jpg optimus t-110 catalog 1983.jpg

IMG_0646[1].jpg

IMG_0648[1].jpg IMG_0650[1].jpg

Last edited:
OK, so I took today off and made some progress on my 1983 Radio Shack Optimus T-110 speaker resto-mod project... I'm installing new woofers, tweeters and crossovers into the walnut veneer cabinets

I already repaired the factory 10" passive radiators by replacing the original disintegrated foam surrounds with brand new long lasting butyl rubber surrounds about a week ago

I enlarged the tweeter cutouts to fit the new MCM 1" soft domes. I also fabricated hardboard mounting adapters for the MCM 8" poly woofers because the original square frame 8" woofer cutouts were slightly too large.

The old tweeter L-Pads are being bypassed, but still need to be mounted in order to seal the hole in the baffle. I should have these all put together and wired up by tomorrow - looking forward to hearing what they sound like!

View attachment 933495 View attachment 933497

View attachment 933492

View attachment 933489 View attachment 933490

Looking good. Great job. Awaiting listening tests.

Back
Top Bottom