What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

A vastly underrated album, and Band , songs like Deep Black Lies, Something New, and others rival anything from their time frame..Great melodic sensibility and good stories..Having seen them numerous times I can always think of Smithereens albums as real band playing live recorded documents. They play this stuff live to the letter. They do a great cover of George Harrison's "It Don't Come Easy" live and again to the letter.

I agree 100%. They're excellent and GREEN THOUGHTS is my favorite.

Now playing since I got home
Dada
American Highway Flower

View attachment 933617
Dada. "Go Go" is probably the only song to ever reference Chet Bakers missing tooth. If you like three virtuosos playing together this won't disappoint you.
Green Henry also kicks ass. World class guitar playing on every Dada album..

DADA was a wonderful '90's band. I'm playing their cd PUZZLE (their 1st release in '92) right now. You've got excellent taste in music, FOH.

Storage is a bit of an issue. My cave is pretty well full now.

Agreed, I just finally got a call about the collection of 700 or so that was offered to me a few weeks ago and posted here. Great price but I have to go through the collection at the owners first thing in the morning to justify storage and record cleaning concerns, against it just being a good deal. I'm getting sort of zombied out on taking on new projects.

Last edited:
DADA was a wonderful '90's band. I'm playing their cd PUZZLE (their 1st release in '92) right now. You've got excellent taste in music, FOH.

Michael Gurley is one of the best guitarists in rock, and Joe Calio is no slouch on bass.. I've seen them 1/2 a dozen times and they always show off that they can talk spontaneously in the same harmony interval that they sing in..btw they also say Dorina is the first thing they ever played together as a jam, what an F'ing great jam turned into a song. Puzzle is a masterpiece, and for some reason never posted here??????

Dont_Look_Back_1978_Epic_FET35050.jpg

Don't Look Back

Boston

1978 Epic FET 35050

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Hey FOH,

Yes, I PM'd him as well and he gave me the same answer. He was happy to hear from me and hopes all is well with the gang here. His response was twofold number one, yes, I was correct in my assumption the infighting was really turning him away. The other was the thread was moving at a such a lightning pace that he did not feel like keeping up with. He said he will poke his head in here soon, so hopefully he'll be back in here for good, like he was once before.

From what I can tell, at least the last week or so, or more, this thread has now simmered down and back to its' old cool, calm state. This makes me happy as this thread is my personal sanctuary and part of my PTSD and ACUTE Anxiety Disorder therapy, this as a result of my brother committing suicide before my eyes, two years ago this month.

So, let's keep the tunes rolling my friends.

Thanks,

-Blitz

I agree, Things are smooth now Just listening, Posting music, Throwing ideas around, Checking out guys projects. We need Fuzzy back. It's all good here now. Same goes for Avionic.

Back
Top Bottom