Buyers beware!

bryans12v

Marantz / Altec Junkie
I know this may not be acceptable to post here but I care about my fellow Akers. There are ALOT of high end stuff being listed in the popular auction site, hacked acct and a scam.

These have been posted before and I think it's quite proper to post it again. It was done out of concern for your fellow AKers after all!

I almost fell for it. I opened the item description and it had a BIN I was more than comfortable with so I email him.

Turns out he was in the UK and wanted me to mail a money gram. Even his email correspondence looked somewhat official but none showed up on the PC or on my smartphone app. Called the bay folks and they knew all about it, even got an email from their protection system. They told me the account holder for that account has been hacked and even knew the sellers handle but I'm surprised that the listing are still active?!? Maybe they can't do anything until the guy responds, who knows but I almost fell for it, hate to see it happen to someone here.

A few years ago, i saw the same pioneer sx950 sell 8 times in one weekend. After contacting Ebay, the rep did some digging while i was still on the phone and said the guy was returning their money and relisting. He was nuts and even though ebay would lock him out he would find another computer and do it again.

Just think off all the people that could have bid on and won a legit unit and lost out because of this guys buy it now game.

Thanks Brian, btw, good to hear from you again. I noticed you have been missing for awhile.

Thanks Brian, btw, good to hear from you again. I noticed you have been missing for awhile.

I check in every now and then. Have been working about 65 hours a week lately and try to give my 5 year old boy all the energy I have left. Lol!

No major projects going at the moment other than a QRX9001 and a model 18 I'm trying to bring back to life. Six months ago I had about 15 solid hours a week to devote to my stereo stuff, now it's down to 2-3hrs a week.

saw those the first time and reported them to auction site, his description then said 'don't bid, call for price' besides he seem to have about 10 each of some of the best stuff Marantz ever produced....

I
saw those the first time and reported them to auction site, his description then said 'don't bid, call for price' besides he seem to have about 10 each of some of the best stuff Marantz ever produced....
Ive also taken a peek at sellers other items, there are a whole shytload of stuff. He must have some sort of auto listing method in place because that's alot of work.

I

Ive also taken a peek at sellers other items, there are a whole shytload of stuff. He must have some sort of auto listing method in place because that's alot of work.

Are you the person I've have found on this forum and have had a difficult time locating you .You are the master man on restoring Marantz 7 pre using great components and your knowledge and attitude han

Are you the person I've have found on this forum and have had a difficult time locating you .You are the master man on restoring Marantz 7 pre using great components and your knowledge and attitude han

Sorry but I think you have me confused with someone else.

Sorry maybe all that info was not well received.Im not very savvy on Forums or Computers in getting around ,but some where in this site you mention the best of components to use in in restoring a Marantz 7 I hopoe I'm correct ill try searching those pages again Thank you very much Rrrrrr

Sorry maybe all that info was not well received.Im not very savvy on Forums or Computers in getting around ,but some where in this site you mention the best of components to use in in restoring a Marantz 7 I hopoe I'm correct ill try searching those pages again Thank you very much Rrrrrr

Are you referring to the 7 Tube preamp? If so, think you may be looking for crooner. He did a rebuild some time ago on a tube 7.

Thanks for the heads up reminder. Few times I bought gear off the auction site it has been no problem but you just never know apparently.

Always pays to do some due diligence no matter what it is these days.

For what it's worth, this guy is still at it. I've seen hi. List this stuff under at least 5 different accounts so far. I report them every time.

He always has that model 2 pair with the Apple between them.

Back
Top Bottom