What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

So those $5.00 RCA 40-5016's I bought today are working out to be mighty good speakers. They way satisfy my expectations and are giving me that retro sound I've been craving. I've got them right up in my face. The sound stage is really, really sweet. The build quality feels and looks like my Polk Monitor 60 SII's...this was $5.00 so well spent!
011.jpg

Listening to that new Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian: Live set...can't get enough of it.
015.jpg
Great pics Frank! Keep'em coming :)

Thank you! Those old paper cone drivers (especially the tweeters) sounded OK but a little harsh - nothing you'd want to listen to for an extended period of time.
The cabinets are pretty nice, though... large well made towers, real walnut veneer, etc. so I'm hopeful my modest upgrades will breath some new life into them
New life is guaranteed. The cab's are massive and should resonate well with your upgrades.

Felt like listening to this hard rocking classic from 1980 again... AC/DC - Back In Black [first CD release 1986 Atlantic 16018-2]

View attachment 933681 View attachment 933683
You have almost the same one I have. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Mine is even older, but same recording, w/no Bar-code Atlantic# 16018-2, Europe# 050735. You may or may not have read my post on BAD remasters. AC/DC remasters are junk. What you have for Back in Black is the best available on CD. I bought the AC/DC remasters and all were terrible, LOUD, COMPRESSED, NO DYNAMIC RANGE, PURE RUBBISH. I now use them as coasters. Buyer BEWARE! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: for AC/DC Remastered CD's. My guess is the remastered vinyl is the same way.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

This one and yours :thumbsup::thumbsup:
ACDC Back In Black Atlantic 16018-2 -CD0.jpg

You have almost the same one I have. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Mine is even older, but same recording, w/no Bar-code Atlantic# 16018-2, Europe# 050735. You may or may not have read my post on BAD remasters. AC/DC remasters are junk. What you have for Back in Black is the best available on CD. I bought the AC/DC remasters and all were terrible, LOUD, COMPRESSED, NO DYNAMIC RANGE, PURE RUBBISH. I now use them as coasters. Buyer BEWARE! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: for AC/DC Remastered CD's. My guess is the remastered vinyl is the same way.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

View attachment 933715
Agreed, I have some of the remasters on hand and they are hard to listen to for very long... the early release CD's and VINYL from the 80's sound the best

View attachment 933715

I have both original and new vinyl for ac/dc back in black and I didn't think the new one was half bad but that just me the new one was dynamic but they put more emphasis on the bass then the original still i thought it was a good reproduction

View attachment 933715

I'll have to compare my 2 copies some time. I have CD 16018 and a 2003 remaster (Epic EK 80207) by George Marino "from the original master tapes" The remaster has some distinctive packaging, cardboard with AC/DC Back In Black in raised lettering, black on black.

Back
Top Bottom