Greetings from Monterey, Ca

Luvmonterey

Hi All. Just a quick hello and introduction. I'm Nathan and am from Monterey, Ca. I'm relatively new to audio and know very little at this point, but am enjoying the process of learning. I have a budget system that I have pieced together from Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Craigslist so far. My primary media are CD's and vinyl, and mostly second hand as well, and I'm learning how to spot good vinyl, which has been a learning experience. I'm also interested in Casettes and Reel to Reel, but don't have the equipment yet. I'm mechanically inclined and have done a lot of woodworking and auto repairs, but am new to Electronics. I performed my first turntable repair today and am happy to say it was successful because of this site. Thanks!

Welcome Nathan. I too have hobbled together a couple of systems thanks to thrift stores, estate sales, Craig'sList, eBay, vintage audio shops and yes even retail shops. You'll find that the more you learn from multiple sources, the more you increase your chances of finding great gear for bargain prices. Check out the Dollars & Sense Forum for a couple of great threads. Best GoodWill and thrift store finds and Estate Sale finds. You'll find lots of inspiration to get out and do more searching on these threads.

Welcome Nathan. I too have hobbled together a couple of systems thanks to thrift stores, estate sales, Craig'sList, eBay, vintage audio shops and yes even retail shops. You'll find that the more you learn from multiple sources, the more you increase your chances of finding great gear for bargain prices. Check out the Dollars & Sense Forum for a couple of great threads. Best GoodWill and thrift store finds and Estate Sale finds. You'll find lots of inspiration to get out and do more searching on these threads.
Thank you! I will check out the forum.

Back
Top Bottom