Be careful with paypal info buy sell rebuild warning!

patfont

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I received an email from someone wanting a Marantz rebuild, they stated they were referred by their friend whom I had rebuilt a unit for. (They must have snooped here in the forums?)

Please be careful about giving out your paypal address and your shipping address, as shortly after I never heard from said person, I was contacted by paypal that someone tried to access my account! They protected my account and asked me to change my password.

Please be careful with your info!

Pat

Thanks Pat. That sucks though! I never give that out without a unit in hand. Say you interested in a Technics SA-1000 and a Marantz 2600 for $300? :yikes:

They are out there. I found a guy that hacked into someones ebay acct and was selling $1500 laptops for $50. Obviously they didn't exist, but i am not sure how they could take the money out of the paypal acct though. Sure would mess up a sellers feedback though.
1 result (0.33 seconds)
Search Results
ASUS FX502VM-AS73 15.6" Gaming Laptop i7-7700HQ ... - eBay
www.ebay.com › ... › Laptops & Netbooks › PC Laptops & Netbooks
$38.99 - ‎In stock
ASUS FX502VM-AS73 15.6" Gaming Laptop -i7-7700HQ, GTX1060, 8GB DDR4, 128GB SSD Specifications. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3G GDDR5.

Thanks for the heads up.
I have a double verification security feature and it works to protect against this.
I'll login to PP and they in turn will send me a phone text with a security code number to type into PP which verifies that it's me.

I received an email from someone wanting a Marantz rebuild, they stated they were referred by their friend whom I had rebuilt a unit for. (They must have snooped here in the forums?)

Please be careful about giving out your paypal address and your shipping address, as shortly after I never heard from said person, I was contacted by paypal that someone tried to access my account! They protected my account and asked me to change my password.

Please be careful with your info!

Pat

Never surprises me the length some people go to scam others.
Shameful to say the least, but unfortunately low lives like this walk among us.
Good to hear from you Pat. It's been a while.
P.S. I still have the SA-7100 and still runs like a champion.
All the best :thumbsup:

Never surprises me the length some people go to scam others.
Shameful to say the least, but unfortunately low lives like this walk among us.
Good to hear from you Pat. It's been a while.
P.S. I still have the SA-7100 and still runs like a champion.
All the best :thumbsup:

Man, I really miss that SA-7100! Glad you are enjoying it.

First time post, I have seen several times that after buying something from that auction site and paying with paypal directed from that site. When you are redirected back to the site from paypal, I go check and find I am still logged on to paypal. Not had any problems but I always check paypal now after purchases and log out.

First time post, I have seen several times that after buying something from that auction site and paying with paypal directed from that site. When you are redirected back to the site from paypal, I go check and find I am still logged on to paypal. Not had any problems but I always check paypal now after purchases and log out.

This is true. I have also checked this myself.
Pay Pal will generally log you out after 10 or so minutes anyway, but whilst the transaction is completed it's better practice to log out asap for general safety.

Back
Top Bottom