New Budget Audio tower, that will hold Large Vintage Receivers?

freQ(*)Oddio

I am realizing that I may not get the time to build a audio tower now, so I have looked for a plan b stand and have looked at probably 15-20 great looking stands on line, in the $400 range, from all the popular brands, most are measured across the front including the supports that are in the way , then the depth is a problem also , Sansui 9090,8080 Marantz 4400, 2250b , RTR ,2-TT, so will need 6 or 7 shelves ,need at least 24" wide shelving 18" deep, would like one large opening for RTR . probably not possible for $400, even $600. I know I cant be the only person that has had this problem.

imagebywidth.ms
close 27" wide ,if only had few more shelves and some ventilation added

One of the many reasons I don't have any monster receivers anymore; those things take up lots of valuable real estate. My solution was to put the unit on the top of whatever rack I was using. Storing them was another headache and I built a custom wide storage flexi for them.

Make sure the 27" is for the inside not the outside. If it could work out, by two for the 27"ers and place them close together. I typically stack the large receivers on top and separate them using Lego Building block to keep the separation distant to allow heat to dissipate. We have a box of Legos around the house for our grandson. It is a convenient stash to snitch from as he is losing interest in Legos.

For years I used a TV cabinet from Ikea that fit my XBR Sony TV and Sansui G-8700DB, Heating the house with a wood stove causes a lot of dust, and it's nice to keep it closed up away from the dust. I worked well but it was tough to make any changes.
P9190077.jpg

I'm now using a metal rack and like it much better, It makes changing things much easier. I think I'll stick with the rack for a while.
P4270298.jpg

I got one of these as I wanted a very stable isolated turntable platform. (134Lbs)
Not as many shelves as you were needing, but its a rock.
g494ATCA901-o_angle.jpg

I got one of these as I wanted a very stable isolated turntable platform. (134Lbs)
Not as many shelves as you were needing, but its a rock.
g494ATCA901-o_angle.jpg
I was looking at that too (or something awful similar). I couldn't find anyone who could give me actual useful ID of the TT compartment (the measurements ignore the struts). I moved on to another solution but I really wanted to see one like you have so I could take measurements. No one here had stock. The unit I was considering was a Bell'o. I still think the custom TT shelf is cool.

I was looking at that too (or something awful similar). I couldn't find anyone who could give me actual useful ID of the TT compartment (the measurements ignore the struts). I moved on to another solution but I really wanted to see one like you have so I could take measurements. No one here had stock. The unit I was considering was a Bell'o. I still think the custom TT shelf is cool.

Back
Top Bottom