Pioneer sx1010 troubles

I rebuilt the protection board and now my left channel is humming and no music right side is fine it comes out of protection,bias is 0 and offset is 54v no idea what has happened

It should NOT come out of protection with the left channel amplifier output at 54 volts. Check your transistor lead id's.

I can't tell for sure because of the shadow, but on my board Q4 has the flat side facing up in the orientation you have your photo in. (Away from C3 and C4)
There is a picture of my board in the thread "this time a transformer" (haven't figured out how to link it yet..)

I can't tell for sure because of the shadow, but on my board Q4 has the flat side facing up in the orientation you have your photo in. (Away from C3 and C4)
There is a picture of my board in the thread "this time a transformer" (haven't figured out how to link it yet..)
yes I know that post

Yes, they are new Mouser parts, ECB so if yours are not, that would explain it as many of these are different than the originals.

Thank you no I used the parts list same as yours and I've been staring at those two trying to figure it out. Mine are upside down.

I was originally talking about checking the amp board, but the protection also bears inspection, the picture asked more questions than it answered.

from an old post, about installing a transistor:
from an older post:

there's a trick to align them into a triangular hole arrangement

get the layout fixed in your mind - ecb-

get the first lead, in this case the emitter (leftmost lead when leads are pointing down, and lettering (and flat) are facing you.)

then find the emitter hole, and stick the emitter lead in

then find the END lead on the opposite side of the transistor's body,

in this case the base

rotate the transistor using the emitter lead in the hole as the pivot point

rotate until the base lead is lined up on it's hole

put the base lead in the hole

then bend the collector lead in the direction of the leftover (center) collector hole.

insert the collector lead and then while leaving all three leads in their holes

bend all the leads to locate the transistor body towards the center of the triangle

voila...

index.php

The amp board was great before the DC balance was 0 and the idle current was 24

Attachments

• IMG_20170522_123137689.jpg
    IMG_20170522_123137689.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 29
Ok so I'm getting ready to sort through this mess, what is the best way for me to go about this find out why the amp is railed or the protection board first. Obviously whatever I did to the protection board caused the amp to rail

I'd fix the protection board 1st, so that when you fix the railed circuit the protection doesn't cause it to rail again.

Here's my SX-939 board. It's the same board as used in the 1010. I did replace a few of the transistors in it as I remember. I marked the "E" holes with a White Dot, and the line is the direction of the flat face of the transistor. Triple check the Data sheet for a "Center Collector" or "C" suffix on any and all of them. This would make the pinout left to right ECB Instead of EBC. Look at the part # on the bag and cross check that against the data sheet. You can also check them on your DMM if it has a transistor checker. It won't work if you inadvertantly installed a transistor as an EBC vs an ECB. BTDT a couple times.

sx-939--SX-1010 protection board.jpg

I moved all the transistors have not soldered them down yet does this look right.

Attachments

• IMG_20170525_042541.jpg
    IMG_20170525_042541.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 35
what did you use to replace the 2sc869's with (2 in the center)? Did you replace all of the transistors on the board??? I can't tell other than the "E" leg is correct on the two center transistors. If you used the board diagram, note that it is the bottom of the board in orientation and you'll need to take that into consideration.

The face orientations look right, but you can get that with the B & C reversed too. So make sure one more time, and if correct, solder them up. I can't see the B & C legs well enough to tell.

Your ksc2690 looks correct, as does the polarity of all of your caps. Q1 & Q2 (ksc1845) also look to be in correctly. I noticed that you didn't change out c1 & c2. Probably not the issue, but these are solid aluminum and should be replaced with 0.22uF film caps.

I tried hard to see which transistors you replaced on the edge of the board away from the wire connections, but I couldn't make it out. You said that you replaced Q6 with ksc2383. That should be the transistor adjacent to the 4.7uF cap. Is it possible that you soldered the ksc2383 in somewhere other than Q6 by mistake?

I've uploaded an identical protection board in my SX-737 with the same parts that you used. The ksc2383 is highlighted.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpg
    IMG_5286.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I found a pic of my 1010 board after all was said and done. I did NOT replace Q1 & Q2. I did replace Q3-4-5-6-7.

100_2911.JPG

Also, when working on the protection board collateral damage to the amp boards is possible.
I wonder if you tore a transistor trace on the left amp when mucking about. It's easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom