New Outlaw Receiver!

The new amps section looks impressive.
Old - RR2150
xhzb2Vw.jpg

New - RR2160
xdItQPH.jpg

If I hadn't just bought an NAD C 326 integrated, I'd definitely have been interested. My timing is always the worst.

Sorry....

But with a THD of 0.05% in this day and age of technology....that's way too noisy ! Speaker sensitivity of greater than 90db will be an issue.

Have you heard one? I have, the older model and it sounded fantastic . Sorry, that is at delivered 110 watts per channel. Normal listening listening levels it would be much less.

Still....

A receiver at 0.005 % THD at normal listening level is even quieter and if the rest of the stereo components match that you have much more clarity, definition and soundstage. As the proprietor of a family business I had the cash during the seventies to acquire the latest equipment. Then having an old school EE audiophile for an uncle that taught me how to match equipment, I personally learned why equipment sounds differently in different combinations. With an amp of 0.005% THD I can use a set of speakers with a sensitivity of 105db with absolute clarity and separation without being bright.....like not even a shrill of edginess !!! Do that with a receiver tha yields 0.05 % THD.....it can't be done and obtain the same clarity. My EQ is 0.006 % THD and my CD player is 0.0019 % THD....so my speakers are reproducing a nice clear full signal ! Get my drift..... Distortion is part of the signal being amplified and channeled through a speakers crossovers.....depending on the THD within a system. Amps and speakers are a match when the sensitivity of a speaker matches the distortion levels of an amp.....it's no mistake ! You see so many people mix matching components until they finally find something that sounds good together and that's why.....it's not personal preference cause the equipment can't read your mind.

Still....

A receiver at 0.005 % THD at normal listening level is even quieter and if the rest of the stereo components match that you have much more clarity, definition and soundstage. As the proprietor of a family business I had the cash during the seventies to acquire the latest equipment. Then having an old school EE audiophile for an uncle that taught me how to match equipment, I personally learned why equipment sounds differently in different combinations. With an amp of 0.005% THD I can use a set of speakers with a sensitivity of 105db with absolute clarity and separation without being bright.....like not even a shrill of edginess !!! Do that with a receiver tha yields 0.05 % THD.....it can't be done and obtain the same clarity. My EQ is 0.006 % THD and my CD player is 0.0019 % THD....so my speakers are reproducing a nice clear full signal ! Get my drift..... Distortion is part of the signal being amplified and channeled through a speakers crossovers.....depending on the THD within a system. Amps and speakers are a match when the sensitivity of a speaker matches the distortion levels of an amp.....it's no mistake ! You see so many people mix matching components until they finally find something that sounds good together and that's why.....it's not personal preference cause the equipment can't read your mind.
So, the answer is no then? You haven't actually listened to one? Then, imho, your audiobabble means nothing to me. I owned the RR2150 and had it paired with very sensitive speakers (99 db) and they sounded GREAT together. The proof,is in the hearing.

So, the answer is no then? You haven't actually listened to one? Then, imho, your audiobabble means nothing to me. I owned the RR2150 and had it paired with very sensitive speakers (99 db) and they sounded GREAT together. The proof,is in the hearing.

Figures....

Personal preferences !

I wasn't referring to speakers of 99db....when used with a receiver that puts out 0.05% THD, now was I !!!

But with a THD of 0.05% in this day and age of technology....that's way too noisy ! Speaker sensitivity of greater than 90db will be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Your loudspeakers have a magnitude more THD than this receiver. You'll never even notice. Ever...

I always figured noise at Db figures (-70 Db) THD is not a noise, but noticeable distortion, Terminal Harmonic Distortion. The Outlaw would seem to have no noticeable distortion per the specs indicated.

The new Onkyo tx-8270 has bass managment like this receiver and the higher scale Integra Dtm-7 doesto....both are cheaper with googlecast and Tidal and a million other things....the tx-8270 sells for $499 everywhere....me myself im going after the Integra....

Is this more or less a re-badged Sherwood, as Outlaw has done in the past?

Back
Top Bottom