Anyone doing a garden?

IMG_1774.JPG

Early Girl planted 6 weeks ago when they were 6" tall. Container is 30 gallon and blue bucket is 5 gal for size comparison. Lots of small tomatoes and even more blooms. Shouldn't be too much longer barring disaster.

Yep i garden 7 days a week ,lots of work but i get rewarded for my products, Thats why i have gotten into VA on AK time in between i can play with audio stuff.Full disclosure as some here will take offence i have a licence to cultivate in the state of Arizona and own a legitimate business
Just added the girls to there new garden area yesterday, You girls better start budding soon, Patients are waiting

Attachments

• IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 6
I can picture you guarding your place with a shot gun resting on one shoulder and holding a well trained Doberman on the other hand.
Nope Sep 2016 AZ passed a law no guns on the grounds of a grow facility which pissed me off because in a huge 2nd supporter and when you go from carrying every day to not sucks . We a re trying to change the law and are inching forward. The so called good thing is ,I am literally 150ft away from my local Police department they have given me full backing in the business and the Chief is a supporter of MMJ.

Hydroponics are the way to go no dirt my plants grow in packing peanuts

I think that statement depends on where you live, soil type and growing area available. But it definately isn't the only way to go. I am glad it works well for you, but there are several ways to have a successful, low maintenance garden.

I won't even mention my oregano which has been coming up for 3 yrs - it is HUGE right now.
Dang, I just ripped out a huge area of oregano--we rarely use it, and yep, it proliferates like a weed. I just replanted that area with some basil, parsley and radishes. The dill keeps popping up in other places also. Some of the dill I just let get overgrown, since it attracts the eastern swallowtail caterpillars and butterflies. :)

Gave up on tomatoes. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but my neighbor's pond, installed four years ago, totally ruined my garden the last two times I attempted it. Even the jalapeno plants had mildew and leaf blight. Last year's tomatoes in pots were destroyed by the rats. (Yay, east side. *sigh* ) Guess it'll be another summer of stopping at the farmer's markets up north to get some fresh homegrown tomatoes, which sadly aren't the heirlooms I'm accustomed to. Or I could do the "old Italian grandfather" thing and do some hanging baskets with tomatoes. Which of course, means the birds will peck 'em to pieces. :D

Somebody mention tomatoes?

tomatoes-may.jpg

They finally hit the patch Memorial Day ...

tomatoes-june.jpg

tomatoes-june-2.jpg

Heirlooms should make for colorful pantry shelves after canning. Hopefully, they'll soon look like this ...

prod000969.jpg
prod000968_alt1.jpg

ooPs ... my bad ...

Black Krim and Big Rainbow are pictured - those will get canned with a shot of lemon juice as they're low acid. Both are good sized fruit and should fill a LOT of jars. Also got some Gardener's Delight cherry tomatoes - those are acid enough on their own to just freeze, and they're excellent munchies when strolling through the garden.

Had some left over and gave them to the neighbor. She's got a brown thumb, but bless her, she keeps trying. <G>

I grew both of those varieties last year and really enjoyed them. I didn't grow them this year, but I consider both keepers.
ooPs ... my bad ...

Black Krim and Big Rainbow are pictured - those will get canned with a shot of lemon juice as they're low acid. Both are good sized fruit and should fill a LOT of jars. Also got some Gardener's Delight cherry tomatoes - those are acid enough on their own to just freeze, and they're excellent munchies when strolling through the garden.

Had some left over and gave them to the neighbor. She's got a brown thumb, but bless her, she keeps trying. <G>

Back
Top Bottom