Pics of your listening space

w60.jpg

Got another addition to the system today... Another modified Carver M-500t MkII. I love it, and it looks great sitting along side it's twin!
eusa_dance.gif

First off, my lil' helper for the evening...
p2316759209-5.jpg

p2316759211-5.jpg

Up and running! Vertically bi-amped, and will eventually get a active crossover with DSP, which in turn I will be physically bypassing the internal passive crossover networks in the Martin Logan SL3's.
p2316759212-5.jpg

p2316759361-5.jpg

p2316759456-5.jpg

p2316759490-5.jpg

After a very long and dissatisfying journey buying and living with several different sets of speakers from different builders, I'm back to B&Ws. Turns out I'm a Bowers and Wilkins guy. Just bought these CDM7SE's off CL and am in heaven all over again! Hard to believe, at 17 years old, you might consider these vintage.

index.php

Attachments

• Bowers and Wilkins CDM7se fisrt picture.jpg
    Bowers and Wilkins CDM7se fisrt picture.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,326
Looks good!

One suggestion would be to bring the speakers forward (perhaps their stands) so that you can eliminate the diffraction from the rack and TT.
I know haha.

Unfortunately, space is limited and it is the best I can do right now.

After a very long and dissatisfying journey buying and living with several different sets of speakers from different builders, I'm back to B&Ws. Turns out I'm a Bowers and Wilkins guy. Just bought these CDM7SE's off CL and am in heaven all over again! Hard to believe, at 17 years old, you might consider these vintage.

index.php
Consider yourself lucky, many wander the audio wilderness with no idea what it is they are looking for. You found speakers YOU like, that is all that matters.

index.php

That's a nice clean little system you've got there. Lots to be said for a system like that. And I like how the B&W's match the wood floors.

Consider yourself lucky, many wander the audio wilderness with no idea what it is they are looking for. You found speakers YOU like, that is all that matters.

That's a nice clean little system you've got there. Lots to be said for a system like that. And I like how the B&W's match the wood floors.

Thanks, my first really clear sounding speakers were B&W 683 which I bought brand new 2007. I sold them in 2011 thinking I could do better. But after six years and about that many other makes, I'm so happy to be back with B&Ws. Sometimes you really don't know how good something is until it's gone.

I was actually thinking of packing all this equipment into a closet until i came across these CDM7SEs. Now I'm sitting down listening to music again.

index.php
Would love to see some more photos. That's a really nice setup.

Updated my system after moving in December. Removed the sub for now along with changing out speakers. The Dynaduio DM 2/6 overpowered the room with bass. Even with placement changes and trying the port plugs I could never find a decent balance. Small rooms are always a pain when dealing with bass. I ended up trying out some Focal Aria 905's which work far better in this room. It's not perfect but a much better balance than the Dynaudio's.
1TdoPmo.jpg

Xhj1INc.jpg

ZRlp86b.jpg

lhXlYKj.jpg

JGgUtLN.jpg

kq5E9X0.jpg

FisEyvT.jpg

mrhOyPR.jpg

AR 3's out of commission for awhile, but stacked KLH Model Six's with my McIntosh MAC 1700 receiver will make it hard for them to get back in. This might be the best sound my system has ever delivered. All four Six's completely stock, all from the first couple years of production. And yes, they sound better horizontally stacked vs. vertically.

0515171457.jpg

I really like both my 3a's, and Sixes. It would be very difficult to chose between them, they have a different sound, but to my ears one isn't necessarily better than the other.

I really like both my 3a's, and Sixes. It would be very difficult to chose between them, they have a different sound, but to my ears one isn't necessarily better than the other.

Yup I agree. It's the 4 Six's that perked my ears up. I've stacked other speakers before, including 3's w/ 3a's, but this is far and away the best result yet. All driven by a relatively small Mac receiver.

Well isn't getting divorced fun. I've been degraded to basement dweller for now. At lease my basement is dry. Took all the best of my 2 channel stuff with me. And at least all the free time has allowed me to restore a HH Scott LK-72, to replace the cheap Chinese tube amp I was running.

Sorry for the dark pic, its a basement.....

I can relate. There is ZERO chance I will ever subject my self to that garbage again. Good god. I'll happily die single, because I can do what I want and have my main system in the living room vs packing into a f-ing room because someone else has no taste. Good riddance.

Good on you, once you bounce back, you'll find that the things you put away to be a good marriage partner are probably the things you enjoy most and make you who you are. Never compromise. I had to marry an a$$hole to learn this but at least I am now in the know.

Back
Top Bottom