Lets See All Them Axes

A few of my Fenders . . .

Reverse strung 1991 AS Strat; 1995 Fender Japan '67 reissue Strat; 2006 AS Tele

Amps: 1973 Traynor YGL3 all original Philips/Mullards. 2015 Vox AC15C1 TV

20170324_133051.jpg

A few of my Fenders . . .

Reverse strung 1991 AS Strat; 1995 Fender Japan '67 reissue Strat; 2006 AS Tele

Amps: 1973 Traynor YGL3 all original Philips/Mullards. 2015 Vox AC15C1 TV

As a guy that grew up living and breathing Traynor (as both a tech and a player) I can attest that the YGL3 is an amplifier with few peers.Incredible tone,reliability,and with enough clean power to scare the s**t out of any Twin Reverb player. About the only thing comparable is the Ampeg VT-22. The only problem with them,other than carrying the darned things, is that the EL34's tend to rattle:rolleyes: I mean c'mon,who couldn't love an amp that uses an EL84 as the reverb driver tube:thumbsup:
This is a rare bird,and you are very lucky to have one!

As a guy that grew up living and breathing Traynor (as both a tech and a player) I can attest that the YGL3 is an amplifier with few peers.Incredible tone,reliability,and with enough clean power to scare the s**t out of any Twin Reverb player. About the only thing comparable is the Ampeg VT-22. The only problem with them,other than carrying the darned things, is that the EL34's tend to rattle:rolleyes: I mean c'mon,who couldn't love an amp that uses an EL84 as the reverb driver tube:thumbsup:
This is a rare bird,and you are very lucky to have one!

Yes, if this beast drops on your toe it's all over! :eek:

It's a great sounding amp, beautiful reverb and power galore!! :)

My latest additions; 1990 Fender USA Jazz V Plus. Only made these until '94. Gotoh tuners, bridge, Kubicki preamp, lace sensors. Also I believe the first year for Pau Ferro as the fretboard. After 94 the had to find a different bridge source and they started calling them Deluxes. Great playing and sounding bass. Also grabbed an '83 Peavey Foundation with original hardware, knobs, and Super Ferrite pickups. I've read quite a lot of excellent reviews on these on Talkbass. They are made like a good solid Fender Jazz. Really fast small neck and hot pickups. Lots of sound variations. I love this 4 stringer in Aztec Gold, a rare Peavey color
IMG_4482.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4488.JPG

My latest additions; 1990 Fender USA Jazz V Plus. Only made these until '94. Gotoh tuners, bridge, Kubicki preamp, lace sensors. Also I believe the first year for Pau Ferro as the fretboard. After 94 the had to find a different bridge source and they started calling them Deluxes. Great playing and sounding bass. Also grabbed an '83 Peavey Foundation with original hardware, knobs, and Super Ferrite pickups. I've read quite a lot of excellent reviews on these on Talkbass. They are made like a good solid Fender Jazz. Really fast small neck and hot pickups. Lots of sound variations. I love this 4 stringer in Aztec Gold, a rare Peavey color
View attachment 940493
View attachment 940494
View attachment 940496
Just beautiful! Holy mackerel!

I am a big fan of G&L's, good to see some of them here!

Also Heritage guitars...here are a Millenium Eagle and an H150

millie_h150.jpg

Not sure if this has been done already but here goes.

Show them guitars here. Please post pics of guitars and amps only please.

I know i should have started with pics of my own. Will get them up soon.
Not sure if this has been done already but here goes.

Show them guitars here. Please post pics of guitars and amps only please.

I know i should have started with pics of my own. Will get them up soon.

I was hoping to see some Rickenbacker guitars shown. They have such a sweet, unique sound and are firmly entrenched in modern rock, especially British. I recently became once again enthralled with the 60s hit "You Were On My Mind" by We Five, and the Rickenbacker is so characteristic and important in the song. I know - I'm showing my age. The cute San Franciscan singer in her little white Go-Go boots captivated me further. Check it out on YouTube. They were known for their excellent harmonies. A great song from a great time in America.

Nice to see another Heritage fan too. Like G&L, who also had a couple of bad times quality-wise, they are guitars built by the "originals" yet mostly ignored by players. Take a Heritage LP -- built by the real Gibson guys in the old plant and every bit as good as, if not better than a Gibson. Whose Q/A has been all over the place. Even on Custom Shop models. And yet, put the two side by side and most players will go for the "brand name." That's the reason I got into G&L's in the first place. A guy came into the music store I worked at with a brand new, beautiful L1K bass. He had bought it for his kid who was insulted that it wasn't a Fender. At that time Fender was still having problems with their neck pockets and other issues, but they had the name. So we took the G&L in trade and he went home with a standard P-bass. A good bass but the G&L was a much better playing and sounding instrument. That L1K, which I still have, eventually became part of a 100+ collection but that is a different story for another time. Now I'm back to just two. The bass and an early ASAT which I will never part with. Here's a few of that "hoard," now all gone other than the L1K (top row, middle) and ASAT (bottom row, middle)

gls.jpg

nice!! great story too

is that the #1 buffalo bros bluesboy, on the bottom left?

I have a few.. pair of Benavente 51P (2003 fretted 5 and 2004 fretless 6), pair of 1983 Ibanez (RS315 upgraded with Tele pickup and
RB924)... with my Engelhardt EM1, Bag End D12-B & Egnater Tweaker-40
20140803_music-room.jpg

and my 2006 Worker Bee fretted 7...
20120411_Bee_hanger2.jpg

96.JPG
95.JPG
probag_leather_double_bass_bag%20023.jpg

I have an early 90s Squier Strat, Import Hamer 5 string bass I defretted and epoxied, early 70s Yamaha acoustic, and a couple pointy bass projects... a Dimarzio Explorer body I'm putting a P bass neck on and an aftermarket Ric bridge... and an Ibanez Destroyer that is getting a set of Delano pickups, Bee preamp, and a Kahler

20140805_Dimarzio_Explorer.jpg

Sweet G&L Fullerton and glad to see someone with a Benevente. Had one of his basses for a while and still have his take on a Les Paul. I don't know that he did many guitars but great work and a luthier who definitely deserves more notice.

He built both for me.... ages ago, both satisfied a specific need and have remained since. Chris makes some killer stuff! While his basses are what he is known for, he does make a few guitars too. I know even Billy Gibbons has made it to Chris's workshop.

My 5 string has Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups with a Suhr preamp... the fretless has the same preamp plus a dual coil also wound by John Suhr. Both are swamp ash with maple necks and boards... the fretless has an Acrylized birdseye board. I loved that process so much, my Bee was made from ALL Acrylized woods except the Ash core. The neck, top and back are all maple dyed in the process (vacuum oven that impregnates the wood with Acrylic resin). Chris and Fred both use the same wood supplier.

Back
Top Bottom