Pics of your listening space

The heart of my system in its new temporary home. Safely at my parents until my divorce is final. Seems counter intuitive to escape "To" your parents house to listen to music.

34989325415_cb63604822_b.jpg

34178665533_28f7ab0d10_b.jpg

Question: I currently have my rig on the opposite wall of the tv. I like that it gives an otherwise useless part of the room purpose. I also like being able to flip the couch around and sit in the sweet spot (when the kiddo isn't home). As I am replacing furniture and contemplating a new look to the living room, I am wondering about having the tv and hi-fi on the same wall so that I don't have to flip the couch.

Any thoughts on this? I'm mostly just fishing for nuggets of wisdom before I unhook everything and move it around to realize I hate it and have to move it back (ha!)

Question: I currently have my rig on the opposite wall of the tv. I like that it gives an otherwise useless part of the room purpose. I also like being able to flip the couch around and sit in the sweet spot (when the kiddo isn't home). As I am replacing furniture and contemplating a new look to the living room, I am wondering about having the tv and hi-fi on the same wall so that I don't have to flip the couch.

Any thoughts on this? I'm mostly just fishing for nuggets of wisdom before I unhook everything and move it around to realize I hate it and have to move it back (ha!)
My hi-fi system is centered on my TV and it's great (it also shares that wall with my surround system). My monster of a couch isn't moving even if I had enough space to move it.

Additionally, having the TV screen directly behind the hi-fi system currently is creating some sound reflections that would be eliminated.

The heart of my system in its new temporary home. Safely at my parents until my divorce is final. Seems counter intuitive to escape "To" your parents house to listen to music.

34989325415_cb63604822_b.jpg

You're not alone with your story I had the same thing happen to me I had to kidnap my stereo and take it to my mom's house when I was in the middle of my divorce . That was 35 years ago the x spouse is long gone but the stereo still here

Damn, Smitty43. Just... damn. Can you say "comfortable?" I see why you listen to so much smooth jazz: the genre matches the vibe of your room. Just looking at your photo brought my blood pressure down to normal range. Between the Zu Omens, foliage, and matching lamps, I can't decide which is more relaxing. Diamonds are not a girl's best friend, a decent two-channel setup is. ;)

Last edited:
Damn, Smitty43. Just... damn. Can you say "comfortable?" I see why you listen to so much smooth jazz: the genre matches the vibe of your room. Just looking at your photo brought my blood pressure down to normal range. Between the Zu Omens, foliage, and matching lamps, I can't decide which is more relaxing. Diamonds are not a girl's best friend, a decent two-channel setup is. ;)
Thank you! It's my room over the garage and the only clock is in the bathroom. And no TV just my system .

+1

Just got a new to me set of speakers. They are better then the JBL's I had in the "Tube Room" system These are Infinity Kappa 7.1 series 2 I was not sure if low powered tube amp would work but the KX-200 works great. Still need to check placement have not moved speaker's around room yet I just placed them in the same spot as the JBL speakers

DSCN0005.JPG

Back
Top Bottom