What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Dunno if this has been covered before, but,,,

When trying to merge onto a two, three or more lane road, some dipwad will cut over to the right hand lane to prevent a smooth entry. ...and then go back to another lane. Almost as irritating is the schmuck who was riding the right lane all along and refuses to pull into another empty lane for a minute or so to me to merge easily.

Oh, and the word "scroe". It makes me feel I'm dealing with a bunch of immature illiterates.

One time when I worked for Swift, I moved over to let another semi onto an interstate. When I was moving back over, he blew his air horn at me and almost rear ended me trying to stop me from moving back over. Then, he threatened to side swipe me as he passed. I'll never move over for him again.

I hate "scroe" too for the same reason.

I'm in a state park inn right now that's very similar to a hotel.
Peeves:
Letting room doors slam at any hour much less at 10 pm.
Loud actions/voices in the hallway.
Kids running up and down said hallway.

I'm totally with you on that one. We stay in hotels a lot and people are completely inconsiderate. Quite often the maintenance and housekeeping staff will be be walking the halls very early in the morning with their 2-way radios on very loud. Given that they work in hospitality, how can they be so insensitive to that??

Learned this last weekend: When stating in a hotel you didn't know is "pet friendly" and they place someone with a constantly yipping dog is next door. They didn't want to move me until I had them come to my room to hear it. Then they upgraded me.

I can't stand irresponsible pet owners and traveling ones are the worst. When we started traveling with our dog for the first time we were super conscientious about noise. When we are in the room with him the only time he barks is when someone knocks on the door (which is rare since we don't order room service and keep the do not disturb sign up) and we stop him immediately. When we are out I always have him on a monitored webcam (with motion and sound notification) so that if he were to start making noise we'd know right away. When we first started taking him and we didn't know how he'd do we'd wait in the hall monitoring the webcam to make sure he didn't start fussing. A few times he did and we had to come right back but once he got the hang of traveling he doesn't make a sound when we are gone. He's always kenneled if we are out of the room. He's only 5 pounds btw, I can't imagine traveling with a big dog. I've complained about a barking dog even when we were with our own dog in a pet friendly room. There is no excuse for traveling with and not properly training a dog. If he can't behave, then you don't travel with him and you sure as heck don't leave him alone in the room to bark.

Damaged the exteriour part (transparent plastic) of the left tail light of my Golf today. The hole is about 5 square centimeters big (bit more than two inch). I have to replace the entire unit which costs 100 Euros. Put insulating tape on the hole.

Hilight of a series of mishaps today.

I know that it has been mentioned previously but recently I have been noticing an increasing number of close calls that are caused by people that use the center turning lane to merge into traffic. I saw two such instances on my way home from work yesterday. One of them happened right next to me and certainly would have involved multiple vehicles, mine included. Kudos to a very aware young lady that was using the turning lane correctly and a very fortunate small space in oncoming traffic. Her quick thinking and fast reaction kept us all from ending up in a tangled mess. If the battle scars on the vehicle are any indication, I am sure that the offending driver of the SUV that was attempting to merge has no idea that what they did was illegal and very dangerous. I doubt that was their first offense. Their next one could be their last one though.

Not sure where you're going with this ...
Well...
He bats .875 and started lifting his front foot. This is when a kid begins to know he's a good. His big brother didn't do it until he played babe ruth. When it works it works real well. It's not working or his ba would be 1000 btw. That's my pet peeve. Shit I am easy like sunday morning I guess?

Well...
He bats .875 and started lifting his front foot. This is when a kid begins to know he's a good. His big brother didn't do it until he played babe ruth. When it works it works real well. It's not working or his ba would be 1000 btw. That's my pet peeve. Shit I am easy like sunday morning I guess?

Curious about why lifting the foot is a concern. Its a natural result of shifting your weight.. Is it easier to teach or learn proper mechanics of there is no lifting of the front door?

Laz...it just isn't something you start doing. He switched his stance up twice in one game. All for a repetitive "something" that works trust me! I took 3 seven yr olds on this team as a favor and one happens to be mine. First and foremost this is suppose to be fun at this level and we have it. Also like to kick ass and take names if ya dig?

And yes stats are part of the game used2. Hard to miss a perfect average through 6 games though Lol! It's a pitching machine btw and the boy has her number!

Curious about why lifting the foot is a concern. Its a natural result of shifting your weight.. Is it easier to teach or learn proper mechanics of there is no lifting of the front door?
It's often used as a trigger mechanism for timing a swing or opening up hips.

People who don't stop, look at the situation and think before making a ridiculous assumption and acting on it. Just one of many examples: the foreman gave my roommate and I 2 folding chairs. We sat outside on them a lot. Some idiot thought they were motel property and brought them down by his room. There are NO chairs ANYWHERE in the motel or on the property that look even remotely similar to these chairs and the guy was standing right there when the foreman took them out of his pickup truck and gave them to us. When we brought them back, the guy yelled, "HEY! YOU DON'T OWN THOSE CHAIRS!" We informed this nitwit that we do in fact own the chairs and went over all of the aforementioned factors as to why he should have known that they're our chairs. Even after the foreman confirmed giving them to us and the owner of the motel said that they're not his, the guy still tried to assert the notion that they belong to the motel. No brain!

Another is unreliable co-workers. Rather than telling that story again, you can read my latest post in "Greetings from the Road".

Bobcat this is in no way directed towards you just to be clear.I hate those characters that drive 50mph in the middle lane on a 75mph highway causing mass mayhem all around them and their completely oblivious to the fact.

Bobcat this is in no way directed towards you just to be clear.I hate those characters that drive 50mph in the middle lane on a 75mph highway causing mass mayhem all around them and their completely oblivious to the fact.
No worries. I'm typically 5 over, 9 sometimes on long hauls.

Trucker i take it?They see all the idiots and all the mayhem for sure.Seen a bit riding shotgun in a cabover years ago.

They're not as bad as the ones who do it in the fast lane!

Back
Top Bottom