Greetings from the road!

My roommate and I are dog sitting this weekend. Our foreman and his wife had to go to Shertz (pronounced "shirts") and they left Chip with us. He is a mix of pit bull and something else.
1492985381-picsay.jpg 1492985439-picsay.jpg
He doesn't like to sit still for more than a nanosecond, so getting a picture of him was a real challenge.

We're in Midland for another week. The foreman and I were almost half way to Denver when the bosses called and told us to come back because we have a big job. I was really hoping to get out of here today. Sigh!

A couple of days ago, the bosses said that we are going to central California instead of Denver. Today, one of them said that we are going to Denver next weekend. Make up our minds, will you? I prefer Denver. I can't drive the green hornet the way she wants to be driven in CA. There is a 55 speed limit for big trucks for some reason. :no: Going that slow in such a powerful truck would gum up the engine!

We are on a 3 day weekend now and the foreman and his wife went to Ohio to get their kids who have been staying with relatives so they could attend school. They're not due to return until Friday. Next week ought to be interesting. :idea:

.....and fun week starts tomorrow. Can't wait 'til it's over. Then, unless we can find another driver, I get to drive the green hornet with the trailer to Denver and get driven back by the foreman to drive the red joke to Denver. Oh what fun!

According to the bosses, we are leaving tomorrow for the mile high city. Of course, I have everything packed, so we won't leave until Saturday. It's gotta go that way. At least we have another driver who can get the red one cylinder wonder there instead of me making 2 trips and my foreman having to drive me back to Midland between trips.

Well dear friends, if you don't see me here for a day or two, I'm on my way to a blessedly cooler place.

....Of course, I have everything packed, so we won't leave until Saturday. It's gotta go that way. At least we have another driver...
...or Sunday ARGH! ARGH! ARGH! (Yeah, the pirate comes out). The other driver mysteriously disappeared. The bosses are not going directly to Denver and the foreman isn't back from Ohio yet. He is due back this weekend. Until he returns, if I were to drive one truck to Denver, there would be no way to get me back to Midland to get the other truck. You might see a very frustrated SJJ around the forums for the next couple of days.

No kidding, brother - take some deep breaths from time to time. Ten very slow deep breaths. Just observe mindfully the air coming in and out. This is helpful in order to cool down.

Well, we finally got going only to get stuck in Lamar, CO. I not only did my usual thorough pretrip of truck and trailer, I went over everything twice. Not only that, but my friend/brother/roommate checked everything that he knew to check twice. So, the oil in all of the hub seals was checked 4 times. One of the hub seals must have leaked. Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, we were stuck on the side of the road 4 miles into Colorado in the rain. We were able to get it situated with help from a tech and a guy with trailer well enough to get to Lamar. At least we are in a nice hotel (Quality Inn) for a couple of nights. Neither my buddy nor I got any sleep from early Tuesday morning until last night.

I will keep y'all posted on what develops.

Ouch! For want of a nail.... comes to mind. Hope you're back in operation soon.
The foreman brought us to Midland to get the red truck. From there, we went to New Braunfels for the other trailer and equipment which we brought back to Denver. The green hornet and trailer are still in Lamar. The 3 of us have been functioning on a serious sleep deficit since Tuesday. We try real hard not to have break downs, but it never works.

Back
Top Bottom