What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I was lucky to get an MC2255 amp. With my MX110 , its a combo " made in heaven".
Sounds really fantastic, warm und full, its a pleasure to hear music with this.
Before I had an MC2505, not bad, but the MC2255 makes a huge difference.
Tom
image.jpeg

Hello - I'm new to this site and forum - first post

I just had McIntosh equipment handed down to me from my uncle:
  • MX115 FM Tuner/Preamp - mint condition - needed controls deoxidized. Installed LED panel lights. works perfect.
  • MC 2505 50w/ch SS Power Amp - also mint. Speaker switch replaced. LED panel lights. deoxidize, recalibrate meters, check out. works perfect. tested at 53 wpm <.1 THD
  • I currently have these powering some Bose 901 Series V - actually sounds really good! This is my current everyday system.
  • This equipment was bought used by my uncle in the early 70s. I don't think he ever used it. I think he intended to replace the tube system below with this solid state equipment and never got around to it.
Complete system (including original console!) - was in the living room of my uncle's house. has been sitting unused for 10+ years. The whole system was bought new by my uncle in 1967.
  • MR65A FM Tuner (have not yet tested, mint condition)
  • C11 Preamp. mint condition. works - currently being recapped, new rectifier, re-tubed. controls deoxidize. should come back at full original specs.
  • MC225 25 w/ch power amp. very good condition. works, but is currently being recapped, new rectifier, re-tubed (still has a couple of McIntosh branded power tubes!) - should come back to full original specs.
  • The system has JBL speakers -- 130A LF driver, 1270-1290 HF driver (the PN might be for the horn/lens assembly) N1200 crossover -- loaded in cabinets that match the console. I'm inclined to think these speakers are not optimally used -- i understand the 130A wants a horn loaded cabinet, and these are not horn loaded. They sound OK, but have a muffled, thin sound quality.
  • System also has a mint Dual 1229 turntable with Shure V15 type III cartridge
  • System is currently disassembled -- will post pictures when all back together (about a month)
  • Other fun facts - I have the original sales slips, the original manuals and schematics. Also, my uncle religiously took the C11 and MC225 to McIntosh amp clinics every couple of years -- so i have several performance reports from late 60's to late 70's. The latest report on the MC225 had a rubber stamped message alerting customers that tubes were getting rarer and more expensive and that McIntosh would likely no longer guarantee tube equipment could be kept up to spec!
This looks like a great site and resource!

Hello - I'm new to this site and forum - first post

I just had McIntosh equipment handed down to me from my uncle:
  • MX115 FM Tuner/Preamp - mint condition - needed controls deoxidized. Installed LED panel lights. works perfect.
  • MC 2505 50w/ch SS Power Amp - also mint. Speaker switch replaced. LED panel lights. deoxidize, recalibrate meters, check out. works perfect. tested at 53 wpm <.1 THD
  • I currently have these powering some Bose 901 Series V - actually sounds really good! This is my current everyday system.
  • This equipment was bought used by my uncle in the early 70s. I don't think he ever used it. I think he intended to replace the tube system below with this solid state equipment and never got around to it.
Complete system (including original console!) - was in the living room of my uncle's house. has been sitting unused for 10+ years. The whole system was bought new by my uncle in 1967.
  • MR65A FM Tuner (have not yet tested, mint condition)
  • C11 Preamp. mint condition. works - currently being recapped, new rectifier, re-tubed. controls deoxidize. should come back at full original specs.
  • MC225 25 w/ch power amp. very good condition. works, but is currently being recapped, new rectifier, re-tubed (still has a couple of McIntosh branded power tubes!) - should come back to full original specs.
  • The system has JBL speakers -- 130A LF driver, 1270-1290 HF driver (the PN might be for the horn/lens assembly) N1200 crossover -- loaded in cabinets that match the console. I'm inclined to think these speakers are not optimally used -- i understand the 130A wants a horn loaded cabinet, and these are not horn loaded. They sound OK, but have a muffled, thin sound quality.
  • System also has a mint Dual 1229 turntable with Shure V15 type III cartridge
  • System is currently disassembled -- will post pictures when all back together (about a month)
  • Other fun facts - I have the original sales slips, the original manuals and schematics. Also, my uncle religiously took the C11 and MC225 to McIntosh amp clinics every couple of years -- so i have several performance reports from late 60's to late 70's. The latest report on the MC225 had a rubber stamped message alerting customers that tubes were getting rarer and more expensive and that McIntosh would likely no longer guarantee tube equipment could be kept up to spec!
This looks like a great site and resource!
Welcome. Sounds like your uncle thinks a lot of you!

Added a few really nice super comfy power leather recliners and finished the installation of my new (to me) record / gear cabinet in the family room. I moved the Nak over to the side cabinet, and got the MR75 out of the mothballs. It's nice having a real tuner in this room! The DVR is atop the MR75. 2ch and 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos systems in this room, with the C200 / MC2600s / XRT22s doing double duty.

Here's a few crappy iPad pics. Still got some dusting and organizing yet to do but I'm spent as I spent all yesterday running cables, etc. The short term plan is to move that coffee table into the front room and replace it with a nice area rug. Part of the sectional remains to give the dogs a place to relax as I don't want them on the recliners.

All in all, we're very happy with how the room is shaping up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 88
Added a few really nice super comfy power leather recliners and finished the installation of my new (to me) record / gear cabinet in the family room. I moved the Nak over to the side cabinet, and got the MR75 out of the mothballs. It's nice having a real tuner in this room! The DVR is atop the MR75. 2ch and 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos systems in this room, with the C200 / MC2600s / XRT22s doing double duty.

Here's a few crappy iPad pics. Still got some dusting and organizing yet to do but I'm spent as I spent all yesterday running cables, etc. The short term plan is to move that coffee table into the front room and replace it with a nice area rug. Part of the sectional remains to give the dogs a place to relax as I don't want them on the recliners.

All in all, we're very happy with how the room is shaping up.
Nice clean setup, enjoy.

My latest rig includes a MX110, and a MC250 restored by Audio Classics. Pushing a pair of Klipsch Cornwall II's. Quite happy, to say the least.

0614170916.jpg

Greetings Akers...it's been a while since I last post here. First pic is my MC240/MX110 of which I have not been polished or dusted off lately and the second pic is my MC275/C22... Well, both have not been played lately these days as I have been busy tinkering with my cars (my second hobby :)). So my Mc are just mostly being displayed in the house, awaiting the next moment to glow and warm when the surrounding mood is right.

.IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Last edited:
Since 2009, Aug, 22, I've added another 207, traded the MAC-3 and MX 119 for a MX 151 and a RFD2. I added a MP100 and have had the C-34V rebuilt. Dynavector 20 X 2 replaced earlier models. The MR 78 was brought out of storage and the MX 120 returned by oldest son. A second Urei crossover was added as was a second Crown EQ 2. There are only 6 Laser discs left. A new MVP 891 was added. Two more Ps4's were added to control more non Mac pieces. Apple TV and Airport express were added feeding the MX 151. new Sennheiser head phones were added. VPI 17.5 was added 2010 while visiting Audio Classics and the Mac Factory. appox 500 LP's have been added since the latest Dynavector update, 20X2. Over 400 Laser discs have been replaced with Blu-rays and standard DVD's.

Hey guys I am planning to build my own wood cases for my mx110z and my mc2105 and are currently looking for panlocs for this models. Does anyone own these two woodcases for this devices and could let me know the exact inside dimensions that I have to mount the panlocs in? (in cm please)
Thank you very much in advance!
Regards
Steven

Back
Top Bottom