Black Mirror on Netflix

I watched several episodes and nearly always have a vague inclination to slash my wrists afterwards.

Not saying the show isn't good, it is, but it is so relentlessly dark I have some trouble watching in anything but small doses.

/infrequently and during the day, w/ family nearby

I watched several episodes and nearly always have a vague inclination to slash my wrists afterwards.

Not saying the show isn't good, it is, but it is so relentlessly dark I have some trouble watching in anything but small doses.

/infrequently and during the day, w/ family nearby

Pretty much the way I feel too, just bleak.

Pretty much the way I feel too, just bleak.

Bleak is the perfect capsule review for the series.

And I say that as someone that in general loves anything dystopian which should mean I am all over this.

I just have a hard time suspending disbelief (Dredd, Automata, et al) as Black Mirror comes across as way too possible and in some eps, may have already happened.

Bleak is the perfect capsule review for the series.

And I say that as someone that in general loves anything dystopian which should mean I am all over this.

I just have a hard time suspending disbelief (Dredd, Automata, et al) as Black Mirror comes across as way too possible and in some eps, may have already happened.
It's happening, just starting.

I don't get freaked out by too many things, but after watching 3 or maybe 4 episodes of this show I had to call it quits. Just gave me the willys. Bleak is an understatement.

I have watched all six episodes of the new season. Yes folks, six is all Charlie Brooker could manage in over a year. I think I waited so long in anticipation of the new season, that my expectations may have been too high. The dogs in "Metalhead" were pretty cool, otherwise meh. I immediately noticed the orchestral dramatic music lifted directly from "The Shining". It didn't seem to match very well to the situations (YMMV). Several episodes feature the Irma Thomas song "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is" introduced in "Fifteen Million Merits" in the first season. It's a great tune, but seems like it's time for a new one.

We binged them New Year's Eve while I was teleworking/On call for my folks ... Woah!

And Metalheads - now THAT Episode was bleak - somewhere between the Terminator, as done with the robots from Boston Dynamics!
Those Boston Dynamic robots have ALWAYS creeped me out! Some go back to 2008!

Perhaps I'll get to this episode tonight.
Six episodes this season does seem rather meager, luckily I have some earlier episodes I missed.
Wish there were more.
It seems each time I log back into a Netflix series for continuation I've found the episodes jump forward so I missed some. I noticed this when I was watching El Chapo when the "next" episode made no sense plot wise.

Or

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/29/black-mirror-metalhead-interview/

Welp, S4 is blowing me away. Writing, originality, acting, and production values are way beyond the first 3 seasons. Really good stuff here.

CES 2018: Driverless Pizza Hut delivery van -

So - what was that you called it? Bleak Mirror?

Between this and the autonomous SemiTrailers we saw in Logan, be VERY afraid ...

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 10.17.50 PM.png

Thanks for the heads up on the Brit. thingy.:thumbsup:

Strange how some of the old stuff an hold its own against a lot of the offerings of today. YIKES! Another thread in the making!

Q

Love Black Mirror.

It's a great cautionary tale of what could easily happen in our technological world.

Best description i've hear is it's "technological nightmares"

Back
Top Bottom