Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

So i have been looking for a nice pair of Marantz HD 770 speakers for over 4 years and i finally found a mint pair and the seller did this, shipped in single box with peanuts no corner protection, i didnt even bother opening the second one. they are going back what a F#CK#NG shame :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bottom front left-------------- top rear right

View attachment 914264 View attachment 914457
That's so disappointing. I know the feeling. I had the same problem with my JBL L80t3s, same crappy packing job. I patched up the corners and still have them.

I just got my 2275 back a week or so ago from Glenn McDonald (aka: EchoWars) and it's now completely restored. It wasn't without it's hurdles, as it had to make a special trip up north to Mike Williams in Flint, MI to get the tuner straightened out, as in its earlier days it suffered from the dreaded "cat urination" on top of it. Originally it was thought to have missed anything important, but apparently over time it started to corrode the IF board and pretty much ruined the tuner on it. It's all fine and and dandy now though and this thing is so beautiful (both sight and sound!). It'd been a long time goal of mine to get it completely restored, as it was my fathers originally and it was passed on to me. Letting him see the finished product has been pretty cool, to say the least. That and I got a replica WC-22 case for it, as he always regretted no getting one originally. Anyway, it's my only Marantz piece...but hopefully someday I can fill out the rest of my living room system to match it.

20170514_173036.jpg

Great story and great receiver. I"m loving mine since I restored it. May it give you years and years of great sound.....and memories.

Marantz 1060 with original wood case.
Marantz 104 Tuner with home made wood case.
Marantz 2100 Tuner.
Does a Superscope count as a Marantz? If so I have a Superscope R-1270.
Cheers Rob

Here's the pm8005 and sa8005
I enjoy the combo. :)

Great stuff in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 29
Y'all know what this one is? :3
xP55WPc.jpg

PM15S2
2zcUHyJ.jpg

Want to share my 2250B with you. I restored it last December and when listening to it hours become minutes... The state is nearly mint.
Sounds very well on my Infinity Kappa 7.2 - above there's a Nakamichi Stereo Receiver which is also sounding very audiophile.
Picture comes from smartphone...

01_2250B.jpg

Can't say this is "mine", but it's in my possession until further notice. The case (pictured) is pretty torn up, Someone in the past must have tried picking it up by the screen and ripped it up/off in the back. Also the holes in the bottom have been torn , but I've monkeyed with it and got everything sounding perfect. Not a hum, or a pop, or a crackle in the audio.

IMG_0291.JPG

P.S. The photo shows a burned out "stereo" bulb, that I fixed before taking the video.

Last edited:
I have a Marantz TT 330 and I'm wanting to upgrade the stylus and cartridge. Any suggestions? I've been told to look in to getting a Shure M97xE. Also this is an automatic, can I replace the tonearm on this model as well?

Attachments

• 20170623_164838.jpg
    20170623_164838.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom