Cornstock 2017 (Iowa/Midwest gathering) September 16

Leben

I'd like to invite AKers and family over to our place in Central Iowa for a gathering this September. We are located in a nice rural setting with plenty of room to set up several systems. Right now the dates could be the weekend of the 15-17 or 22-24 depending on what works best for the majority.

I have plenty of equipment to experiment with and encourage anyone to bring whatever they would like as well. I plan to have a tri-amped horn setup outside. We have room for several campers and tents. The nearest town with hotels is about 20 minutes away.

I'm hoping that this will be a fun event where we can socialize and share knowledge and experiences about our hobby.

Let me know if there is any interest and we can plan the details, thanks!

Hoping I can make it as well! I'm about 2.5 hours away. If I make it I can bring whatever anyone would be interested in hearing...

KEF 107
Quad 57
KEF 103.2
Peachtree Decco
Juicy Blueberry tube preamp
Monarchy SM 70 amp

That's about all I have worth mentioning :)

Man I better try to find a trailer :) Or just bring one pair of speakers...maybe we can have a vote ;) Actually I think I can get both pair of big speakers in the SUV...

Sounds fun!

Hoping I can make it as well! I'm about 2.5 hours away. If I make it I can bring whatever anyone would be interested in hearing...

KEF 107
Quad 57
KEF 103.2
Peachtree Decco
Juicy Blueberry tube preamp
Monarchy SM 70 amp

That's about all I have worth mentioning :)

Man I better try to find a trailer :) Or just bring one pair of speakers...maybe we can have a vote ;) Actually I think I can get both pair of big speakers in the SUV...

Sounds fun!
Excellent! I'd love to hear the Quads (and all of the rest for that matter) if you don't mind bringing them with. Nice gear!

I will have some high-efficiency horns and co/triaxials as well as ESS AMT speakers available to listen to with a variety of SS and Tube gear.

Hopefully a few more people will chime in here and we can commit to a specific weekend. For those that are planning on making it, let me know what weekend works best for you. We can do a single day event (Saturday) or spread it out over the whole weekend.

I am about 15 miles from you. I will be there. I have much tube gear, and a lot of speakers. I would love to hear the Quads also, after hearing about them for over 40 years.

Hmmm... about a three hour tour... err... I mean drive from Omaha. Closer than Twangfest. :thumbsup:

I'm on this. I've love to see and hear other systems and chatting with you guys will be a blast, I'm sure.

I'm in Des Moines, and so am not very far away. I have a car hauler trailer with a Yukon to pull it, but it's obviously an "open" trailer and I'm not sure any of us would want to transport our equip on that, due to dust\weather.
Another option is that I might bring some Klipsch Fortes, if I bring those, I'll try to get borrow an enclosed trailer from a friend - that would be great for hauling equip. If\when I get that enclosed trailer lined up, I'll let you guys know, in case someone needs equip transported.

Part of my problem, it's hard to move equipment as my back is pretty prone to injury and stereo equip can be darn heavy.

Either weekend looks OK for me.

I am about 15 miles from you. I will be there. I have much tube gear, and a lot of speakers. I would love to hear the Quads also, after hearing about them for over 40 years.
Welcome to AK! I'm glad to hear you are going to make it. I just sent you a PM/conversation.

Back
Top Bottom