Things you learn the hard way. Please contribute.

If you're going to work on a "hot chassis" tube radio, don't do so while standing on a concrete floor in stocking feet.

I got a mild shock while touching the shaft of the volume control, so I pulled the plug, reversed the prongs, and plugged it back in.

I touched the volume control shaft again, and got an even BIGGER shock that time.......... :yikes:

When doing plumbing repairs, buy the whole fixture or setup, not just "the one piece" that needs fixing. Spares can be returned.

When buying ceiling fans, look at the light bulbs it takes. I've got an inventory of three different bulb styles now, and never seem to have the kind I need when a bulb burns out.

Do a few things well instead of many things poorly. Still learning this lesson........

The morning sun shining into the back window of a '72 Plymouth Duster will warp records.
Then again, it gave me an excuse to buy a half-speed mastered version of Styx Equinox....

Don't piss into the wind or onto an electric fence. I learned both the hard way at a very young age.

Back
Top Bottom