Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Theres an elderly couple in town that drive a mint early 60,s saratoga or newyorker with the oblong steering wheel.I will try to get a pic some time its a beaut.

For 1961-62 Lancers

The Lancer used the slant-6 engine. The base engine was the 170 cu in (2.8 l) unit, rated at 101 bhp (75 kW). The optional power package consisted of the larger 225 cu in (3.7 l) engine, rated at 145 bhp (108 kW). After the start of the 1961 model year, a die-cast aluminum version of the 225 engine block was made available. The aluminum 225 weighed 45 pounds (20 kg) less than the iron 170 and 80 pounds (36 kg) less than the iron 225. Any of the available engines could be equipped at the dealer with Chrysler's Hyper Pak parts kit for a significant power upgrade: the 170 Hyper Pak's published output was 148 bhp (110 kW), while the 225 Hyper Pak's was 196 bhp (146 kW). The Hyper-Pak shaved more than four seconds off the 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) time versus the standard 225, and was over a second quicker and seven miles per hour faster in the quarter mile.[2] With the Hyper Pak, a 225 Lancer could go from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 8.6 seconds and turn in a standing quarter mile time of 16.4 seconds.[3] 1962 cars had the engine and transmission moved for a flatter front floor.[4]

Transmission options were a Chrysler-built A903 three-speed manual with the shifter on the floor in 1961 and on the steering column in 1962, or a pushbutton-operated A904 Torqueflite three-speed automatic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Lancer

OK, I'll give you that. Much Budweiser consumption last night and I don't think my damn readers are strong enough anymore.

Still looked funny IMO...

I shall remove...

You didn't have to remove it just because you had a "Bud Moment". :)

Those Cudas' are bitchin'!!!

dsc00043-jpg.124290

Here's my 1969 Road Runner convertible. I owned it for 12 years, then started getting more worried about driving it because Miami has gotten so full of major douchebags and shitty drivers. After having it sit in the garage for months at a time, I sold it on for a ridiculous amount of money which financed a re-do of the garage into an audio/brewing nirvana.

Back
Top Bottom