2017 Play List (New Releases)

Available June 2nd, 2017

Roger Waters

View attachment 917990
0004707088.jpg

Who would've thought after 25 year gap between records and at the young age of 73 Roger Waters could deliver an album of this quality? Nigel Godrich proved to be a great producer and collaborator mixing Floydian touches with modern sounds and strings to Rogers biting lyrics. A condemning statement of modern society, asks the questions but allows the listener to form the answer.

4 of 5 stars.

Allmusic link http://www.allmusic.com/album/is-this-the-life-we-really-want-mw0003042332

Halo ~ Juana Molina

Discovered some new stuff on an Aaron Park's Facebook Post this morning.

Aaron Parks
14 hrs ·
It's Thursday! Now here's some of my favorite tracks from some great recent records. Check em out if you can:

Ambrose Akinmusire - A Rift In Decorum: Live at the Village Vanguard
"Trumpet Sketch (Milky Pete)"

Bill Frisell & Thomas Morgan - Small Town
"It Should Have Happened A Long Time Ago"

Deerhoof - The Magic
"Life Is Suffering"

Jazzmeia Horn - A Social Call
"The Peacocks (A Timeless Place)"

Jonathan Finlayson - Moving Still
"Between Moves"

Juana Molina - Halo
"Estalacticas"

Massive Attack & Young Fathers - Ritual Spirit
"Voodoo in My Blood"

Nate Smith - KINFOLK: Postcards from Everywhere
"Morning and Allison"

Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, James McAlister - Planetarium
"Mercury"

what do you think of this?

his last release i never "got"
So far I am liking it. I have not heard his earlier stuff but will be seeking it out.

This reminds me of a time when politics and social commentary were much more important in music.

So far I am liking it. I have not heard his earlier stuff but will be seeking it out.

This reminds me of a time when politics and social commentary were much more important in music.

My thoughts on his last release, the 2015 critically acclaimed album, I Love You, Honeybear.

Like I said, I just never "got" it.:(

Clearly most did.

Back
Top Bottom