Vinyl only spin list

Glazunov: The Seasons
(complete ballet)
Concert Waltzes Nos. 1 & 2
Yevgeny Svetlanov ~ Philharmonia Orchestra
-Angel-

IMG_7243_zpsqaucybux.jpg

I have been humming and singing playing John Fahey, Steve Earle ( That Townes record is real good ..could have been 3 LP's is my guess)
But today When I Paint my Masterpiece has been at the fore in the old noodle.

so it's

Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol.2

IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0473.JPG
Oh the streets of Rome are filled with rubble....

"When I Paint My Masterpiece" is a 1971 song written by Bob Dylan. It was first released by The Band, who covered the song on their album Cahoots. Dylan himself recorded the song in the March 1971 sessions that were produced by Leon Russell. From these sessions came the "Watching the River Flow" single and this track. Both appeared later in the year on Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol. II. (An outtake of the song, from the same March sessions, was released in 2013 on The Bootleg Series Vol. 10: Another Self Portrait (1969–1971).)

Dylan and The Band performed the song together live, in the early hours of January 1, 1972, at a New Year's Eve concert by The Band; a recording was released as a bonus track on the 2001 CD reissue of The Band's live album Rock of Ages.

The Band performed the song at the 1992 Bob Dylan tribute concert. The recording is on the CD of the event.

Now Playing

The Band
Cahoots

TheBand_CahootsRemaster.JPG

Back
Top Bottom