"Echo" is being blamed for creating impolite kids...you think?

Ha! Cellphones achieved that about 10 years ago, and with our complete consent.

There's no such thing as privacy in this day and age.
I do, however, get a bit of perverted pleasure knowing some humble civil servant is bored to tears following my activity.

Balderdash... everyone knows Atari was the root cause of our declining social mores.

Possible, Atari very slightly pre-dates my childhood. I remember them along with the ColecoVision but I got an NES when I was 5 or 6 I think. My cousin had a Coleco with the Atari adapter. I never got much into gaming though, but I remember that stupid dog in Duck Hunt.

Yikes!

You bring up my ill spent youth with all these electronic rants. I've now decided that "Pong" was the root of all my idiosyncracies being accelerated later by "Packman"!:biggrin:

Q

Fixed that for ya, lol!

Or one could insert Judas Priest.

I'm feeling rather silly today.

I'm too young for Zappa to be the cause of my problems. A lot of kids my age only know Zappa for Valley Girl (as did I). Juda Priest was another one I also thought of because I think they actually were one of the names being thrown about in that argument as well when I was young. Wasn't there a murder case or something where they tried to blame Judas Priest music?

The best use of the Echo is for streaming Pandora to a location where you have no stereo or speakers in your hose, but that's about all I can find use for. I still would never buy or own one.
I have never had any audio equipment in my hose. :biggrin:

No matter how you slice it, parents just need to teach their kids manners. Plain and simple.

I'm too young for Zappa to be the cause of my problems. A lot of kids my age only know Zappa for Valley Girl (as did I). Juda Priest was another one I also thought of because I think they actually were one of the names being thrown about in that argument as well when I was young. Wasn't there a murder case or something where they tried to blame Judas Priest music?
2 guys committed suicide together, I believe around the late 80s. They were good friends and both Judas Priest fans. Some individuals got the idea that they got the idea to take their lives from listening to JP. It's a preposterous idea, but there it was. Rob Halford pointed out and rightly so, that a band is a business and the fans are the customers. What business wants its customers dead? They'd be out of business! That's not exactly how he worded it, but that's the gyst of what he said. Not only that, but a lot of metal bands, including JP, have gotten to know some of their fans personally. They want their friends dead? I don't think so. I am not all that familiar with JP, but I have never heard any songs by them that made me feel suicidal.

There was also a song by Ozzy called "Suicide Solution" which is about a friend of Ozzy's who took his own life. The point of the song is that suicide is NOT the solution to your problems. However, there were of course, people who gave him a lot of heat over the song claiming that it had the opposite meaning. It's about time people grew up and stopped blaming everyone and everything for things that are not the fault of some band, electronic device, etc.

I just reset my Echo to use the wake word "Computer" instead of "Alexa" it's so awesome. Now my house is the Enterprise. If only I had the Majel Barrett voice samples, it would be TNG all the way!

2 guys committed suicide together, I believe around the late 80s. They were good friends and both Judas Priest fans. Some individuals got the idea that they got the idea to take their lives from listening to JP. It's a preposterous idea, but there it was. Rob Halford pointed out and rightly so, that a band is a business and the fans are the customers. What business wants its customers dead? They'd be out of business! That's not exactly how he worded it, but that's the gyst of what he said. Not only that, but a lot of metal bands, including JP, have gotten to know some of their fans personally. They want their friends dead? I don't think so. I am not all that familiar with JP, but I have never heard any songs by them that made me feel suicidal.

There was also a song by Ozzy called "Suicide Solution" which is about a friend of Ozzy's who took his own life. The point of the song is that suicide is NOT the solution to your problems. However, there were of course, people who gave him a lot of heat over the song claiming that it had the opposite meaning. It's about time people grew up and stopped blaming everyone and everything for things that are not the fault of some band, electronic device, etc.

Ah now that you say that, it does sound familiar. The irony is that no metal song ever made me want to commit suicide but there have been a few occasions when hearing a contemporary pop act made me want to end it all just to stop the assault on my ears..lol.

hah, I can understand that sentiment. Modern pop country seems to be even worse for that. I nearly ended it all just yesterday while waiting for a milkshake.

Back
Top Bottom