Tick problem getting' more serious!

I live where there are lots of ticks. I treat my yard 2-3 times a summer to kill ticks, fleas, ants, etc. I don't really know how active Lyme is around here, but I am sure it's no different than other areas. I just hate the little suckers.

Check for PM for possible follow up.

Q

Everyone knows someone who has been touched by cancer. What they don't realize is they probably also know someone who has Lyme and doesn't even know it their self. The symptoms and consequences of the various tick-borne diseases are not well-known, are incredibly under-reported, and can encompass a wide range of mis-diagnosis. Those who don't know about Lyme don't realize how serious the complications are and how many co-infections can accompany vector-borne diseases. I no longer wait for lab tests to diagnose Lyme from a tick bite. Instead I take a prophylactic dose of doxycycline and therefor I am among the undocumented people being treated for a disease the CDC thinks is not as pervasive as it actually is, and is easily cured when in fact the long-term consequences of mis-diagnosis or no diagnosis can be completely debilitating.

Am curious as to where you gathered this info...sounded pretty damned serious. I THINK we are just seeing the "tip of the iceberg" and the authorities are keeping quiet on the whole thing, hoping that the critters will die off if a cold winter comes up. Just my guess, eh?

Would be super if you'd maybe share wherein you obtained this info base that you mentioned so others could follow up.

Thanks for the share.:thumbsup:

Q

Am curious as to where you gathered this info...sounded pretty damned serious. I THINK we are just seeing the "tip of the iceberg" and the authorities are keeping quiet on the whole thing, hoping that the critters will die off if a cold winter comes up. Just my guess, eh?

Would be super if you'd maybe share wherein you obtained this info base that you mentioned so others could follow up.

Thanks for the share.:thumbsup:
There are many sources and many groups working on the issue. One of the best sources is: http://www.ilads.org/

Unlike Lyme Disease, most of the big money well funded diseases have no known cause and supposedly no known cures.
Tip of the iceberg?
fudged-lyme-deaths-numbers3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the shares. Will do some legwork and do homework on this "Lyme" thingy.

Finding more and more in my area becoming concerned, not to any extreme, but they would like to know some solid numbers and the degree as to those who have been effected.

Q

After bushwhacking for 40 years up and down the West Coast, I got bit couple weeks ago for the 2nd time, ever. I was hiking along the foothills near home in California and only barely once went off trail. @#%!ing little @#$% was on my back where I couldn't reach.

Lyme Disease activists are vying for more awareness on the part of the AMA which really seems to play dumb about it's existence.
There are huge amounts of money at stake, all of which the cancer, diabetes, Parkinson's, MS etc organizations have a stake in.
The competition for the cash is under fierce competition and there's hardly any room for another disease.
Is this just another go for the gold(big money) or is it a real deal disease just rearing its head or is it the cause and reason behind many of these big money diseases as some purport?

Its real I assure you, I have been battling it for over 5 years now. Many are finding links to other diseases.
I am single and go on many dates and the last four women I went on a first date with knew somebody with a Lyme experience. I have met people who have had it for over 20 years. One family, they all had it Mom first, gave it to dad.(it can be transferred thru blood) and three children born with it.

A lot of peoples immune systems can keep it at bay and do not get sick. obviously mine cannot which is strange as I rarely ever get sick, have flown over a million miles with sick people on planes, never get headaches or anything but Lyme kicks my butt everyday. Lucky me

BTW it takes me about 10 min just to write this.

Last edited:
Its real I assure you, I have been battling it for over 5 years now. Many are finding links to other diseases.
I am single and go on many dates and the last four women I went on a first date with knew somebody with a Lyme experience. I have met people who have had it for over 20 years. One family, they all head it Mom first, gave it to dad.(it can be transferred thru blood) and three children born with it.

A lot of peoples immune systems can keep it at bay and do not get sick. obviously mine cannot which is strange as I rarely ever get sick, have flown over a million miles with sick people on planes, never get headaches or anything but Lyme kicks my butt everyday. Lucky me

Very sorry to hear this.
Although not diagnosed and tested negative by way of less that mediocre testing, I've had it for 10+ years and looking back I've gone from vital surfer to fatigue ridden, exercise intolerant, blurry eyed, stay-at-homer. Most of the reason for being an AK'er.
And yes I do believe it's more of an immune response issue, (like that of all the other $bigtime$ diseases) that will respond to dietary/alternative remedy better than the antibiotic regimen which can cause all sorts of problems, from what I've read.

I am single and go on many dates and the last four women I went on a first date with knew somebody with a Lyme experience. I have met people who have had it for over 20 years. One family, they all head it Mom first, gave it to dad.(it can be transferred thru blood) and three children born with it.

So sorry to hear of your encounter and subsequent condition.

You have just caught the attention of everyone who is or has been taking in this thread!

Check for a PM.

Q

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this.
Although not diagnosed and tested negative by way of less that mediocre testing, I've had it for 10+ years and looking back I've gone from vital surfer to fatigue ridden, exercise intolerant, blurry eyed, stay-at-homer. Most of the reason for being an AK'er.
And yes I do believe it's more of an immune response issue, (like that of all the other $bigtime$ diseases) that will respond to dietary/alternative remedy better than the antibiotic regimen which can cause all sorts of problems, from what I've read.
Sorry to hear you suffer as well.

Needless to say I've been researching and finding most of the $big disases$ share remarkably common symptoms.
I run into many such comparisons as this type of remarkable

graph produced by some who believe MS=Lyme.
ms-is-lyme.png

One of many graphs showing worldwide incidence of Lyme.
It seems to be limited to temperate climates.

Very interesting to me was when I lined up a yardstick on my wall hanging world map Lyme, Connecticut
lined up uncannily level with two of the most heavily reported cities in Europe and all the way over to Japan.
p2001dd4dg406001.jpg

Last edited:
The overlay is almost identical.:eek:

These viruses must share a common DNA make up if this is the case. This also adds to the possible transfer methodology...which in itself is a scary proposition, eh?

Q

This picture is more than ironic. They have parasitic worms but we have ticks. Looks like arctic regions are the place to be...not!
Worms. It sends Tremors down my spine.

Old fashioned diseases like TB and rheumatic fever diseases seem to occur in regions where Lyme or MS has not been accounted for, yet.
09f1.gif

Just got the latest on what the Canadian gov't's gonna do in order to deal with the "Lyme Disease" situation since reports have been flooding in and the opposition is screaming, "Get off your glutemous maximus and do something!"

And a whole $4 million is being tossed that way, but from the read up, (CBC) it looks like most of it will go for trying to determine just how serious the situation is, and for literature going out to Joe Public warning them and providing ID of the different critters causing all this havoc. Little is I think being used for the research for a serum to deal with this disease. Four mill gets eaten up pretty quickly with advertising and people spreading the word. I see that little will be left for the actual research itself! Sad really, as these money pits gobble up needed money that should be used accordingly.

I can see by the end of summer, gov't officials will admit, "Yes, there is a problem and we are going to deal with in the immediate future and have set up committees to deal with this situation" Then winter hits. Next Spring, the talk goes on.

Q

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom