One Hit Wonder Hall of Fame

Dr. Hook doesn't belong on this list. The group had a string of hits in the 1970s including Sylvia's Mother, The Cover of the Rolling Stone, Only Sixteen, A Little Bit More and Sharing the Night Together. Definitely not one-hit wonders.
Yeah he had about 6 hits in the US alone

This song reminds me of freedom to sail the world. Always liked the idea of ocean voyaging in a sailboat. In fact even started building one once but didn't get that far. For the best as I found out in Hawaii last winter I get wicked sea sick when it's rough out!

Reminds me of the message that was being put out during the sixties about how people were supposed to chose carefully how they make their decisions and not just go along with what most people think just because everyone thinks so. So to with the movement and the choice people were given and no one listened then the movement sailed off into history....

Reminds me of the message that was being put out during the sixties about how people were supposed to chose carefully how they make their decisions and not just go along with what most people think just because everyone thinks so. So to with the movement and the choice people were given and no one listened then the movement sailed off into history....
Yes this is likely the truer meaning of the song. .

Yes this is likely the truer meaning of the song. .

Yes...

The number 73 is the number of months from the beginning of 1963 through 1969, the movement started in Birmingham Alabama 1963 and ended in 1969 !!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom